Messed up on Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor.Mario

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I screwed up. My Step 1 was between the 25th to 50th percentile of last year's match, and instead of improving on it, I dropped between 5-10 points on CK. I wish I had a good explanation for it, but as far as I can tell, I just had a bad day at the worst possible time. The rest of my application is average in terms of M3 grades and letters, with a good number of publications.

I guess my question is, should I submit the grade with my application? This would likely limit my interviews to my home program + aways. Not adding it might yield some more interviews, but would probably hurt when it gets released come time for rank lists. Any thoughts?

Post-match day edit: I did not match, ended up receiving 5 interviews from a mix of places. My step 2 score + a lack of strong letters killed me in a competitive year. Be VERY CAUTIOUS if, like me, you had a weak step 1 and decided to go ahead with step 2.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you have score already I’m pretty sure it would be a bad idea to omit it from your application. Once your score is released I believe it needs to be disclosed.

Don’t include your step 2 ck on your app. I didn’t include mine got plenty of interviews. At no point are you required to put it on your sf match app. You may get asked about on nterviews, but I really doubt it.

Members don't see this ad :)
From another perspective, my score went down 8 points but I still included it to avoid being asked about it and explain further and I still got 10 interviews. I think the step 1 score is the one theyre going to look at and unless the step 2 score is a total abomination i dont think theyre going to pay much attention to it.

I feel lime i totally failed step 2 today,
Had a 215 on uwsa2 1 month prior to exam ,
I felt like i did not know even the basics during the exam