Metabolic Health Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MNCASC

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in metabolic health. Ie how lifestyle changes (fasting, low carb diets, ect) can improve metabolic health and treat chronic disease. This seems to be a growing field of medicine. I found this link Fellowship in Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine but I don't think there are any true metabolic health fellowships (for now). Or maybe I should just do an endo fellowship? Anyone else interested in this or have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am interested in metabolic health. Ie how lifestyle changes (fasting, low carb diets, ect) can improve metabolic health and treat chronic disease. This seems to be a growing field of medicine. I found this link Fellowship in Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine but I don't think there are any true metabolic health fellowships (for now). Or maybe I should just do an endo fellowship? Anyone else interested in this or have any advice?
Oh look...an online "fellowship" program.

Are you sure this isn't for NPs.

Reactions: 1 user
I imagine this would be a good credential to tout if you are opening up your own supplement business or naturopathic medicine store/practice but in terms of actual usable medicine you should go with an ACGME accredited fellowship.

Members don't see this ad :)
please don't add to the quackery that is out there.

if you are truly interested in metabolism, then yes, endocrinology can be a good route...there are also obesity and nutrition fellowships out there as well to subspecialize...MGH has a good one as well as Geisinger, UAB, and Michigan .

Reactions: 2 users
Eat right

Exercise.

Maybe semaglutide if you have good insurance

Early SGLT2 for basically any reason.

You are now board certified in metabolic health

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
im into this metabolic health stuff as an interest. what are you trying to get out of it? personal improvement? be the next peter attia?

dr aafisahar above sums it up. if you want to start talking about heart rate variability, advanced lipidology and minimizing insulin resistance and lactic acid thresholds, maybe the fellowship is worth it. even then i don’t think you can parlay it into money. maybe obesity fellowship?

edit: also agree a lot of this is just snake oil

Reactions: 1 user