MFA Graduate

Started by MaryZi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MaryZi

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am currently on my last semester for my MFA program that deals with 3D animation / game design and graphic design. I chose this path after completing 2 years of biology intending to be a pediatrician. I am in love with what I do but I also am in love with the idea of healthcare and actually helping people.

I am looking for a medical program that might also deal with 3D work. I thought about orthopedics or neurology but I am not sure if there are any programs out there that would be a good fit for someone like me. Is this totally unrealistic of me?

I understand that I will have to take the pre-req for entry in these programs but I have already taken most classes required. Chem 1 and 2 , organic chem, physics etc. Any suggestions that might help me out would be great.
 
Yes, it is unrealistic. You don't get to have a second thing going on while in medical training and by the time you're done, your skill in 3D will be outdated.

You don't need a medical degree to be a 3D medical animator.