MFM fellowship questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erinslosey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am researching the MFM fellowship application process and just wondered if anyone has any tips or pointers about how to achieve the most success. I am a DO in an ACGME residency program and will be applying to both fellowship pools in the hopes of gaining a position.
A few questions -
What do programs value most? CREOG scores vs letters of rec vs research.. etc...
Do allopathic programs interview and match DO applicants? ive tried to look for information regarding the success of DO matches but cannot find much. looking for more of an opinion.
Are audition rotations strongly encouraged? I have been told mixed reviews on this.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What do programs value most?
- Definitely letters of recommendation and research. CREOGS only factor in at a small number of MFM programs, although this is different with GYNONC for example.

Do allopathic programs interview and match DO applicants?
- Yes. Provided that you're coming in on equal footing (well established residency, solid letters, and good research).

Are audition rotations strongly encouraged?
- Yes. It'll make you a known commodity, often land you an interview while you're there, and give you an insight into the program to see if it would be a good fit for you.

Good luck~