Sep 13, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychology Student
Hello everyone, new to the forums here and would appreciate some advice. I am currently finishing my undergraduate degree in Community Psychology (counseling side of psych), and will be done next May. I am in the process of looking at graduate schools and i know that I definitely want to pursue my masters program. The two schools, possibly three, that I am considering are: St. Cloud State University which is an on-campus 2.5 year program; NorthCentral University which is 2.5 year program, online; and Capella University again 2.5 year, online. I am leaning towards the online programs because I want to work when I am in school and I also plan on moving into my partner's house which is in an area where there is no accredited MFT programs. I know all of these programs meet licensesure requirements for the state of MN, which is where I live....Basically I am looking for any advice on which school/program I should choose. I am hesitant of the online programs because I know in the field of counseling, face-to-face interaction is great, and I am worried that when potential employers see that I have a degree from an online school, they may not think I have the best education.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads