MGH DPT 2017 Acceptance Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colts531

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If i can remember right from the open house, this or next week is the time where we should be hearing back from MGH about their DPT admissions decision. Has anyone heard anything so far? If so, what were your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

If i can remember right from the open house, this or next week is the time where we should be hearing back from MGH about their DPT admissions decision. Has anyone heard anything so far? If so, what were your stats?
We should hear back this with their decisions from what I recall in a previous thread and from the open house video. Good luck to everyone!

I just hope that not attending the open house doesn't hurt our decision after knowing there isn't an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it will. I believe what they said in the email. There were way too many people, at least in the afternoon session, to make any significant impressions. It really was a detailed open house. I feel like the decision will be made strictly on our applications

I just hope that not attending the open house doesn't hurt our decision after knowing there isn't an interview.

That's funny you say that, because I attended, and I actually think I hurt my chances. I lost my train of thought mid-conversation between a current student and faculty member and had to be reminded of what I was talking about. Very awkward and embarrassing. The email invite said it doesn't, so let's just pray that that's true lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got waitlisted so hopefully a spot opens! But good job everyone really competitive you deserve it!!

I'm in!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got waitlisted too. But congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted too. But congrats to everyone that got accepted!
Any idea how MGH handles waitlisted candidates, as their web site says, you can get informed even a week before the classes start. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I wonder how many students get off of the waitlist usually.

I was accepted too! Does anyone remember what they said about sending us the scholarship information?

I was accepted too! Does anyone remember what they said about sending us the scholarship information?

Accepted as well!

I have written down in my notes that merit awards would be included in the acceptance letter. Didn't see anything in my online one. :lame:

This was included in my acceptance letter:
In addition to this admission offer, you have been awarded an MGH Institute of Health Professions Scholarship! This scholarship is in recognition of your exceptional academic achievement, background and experiences. Additional information regarding your scholarship offer will be sent to you by email from the Office of Financial Aid within the next couple of business days.

In addition to this admission offer, you have been awarded an MGH Institute of Health Professions Scholarship! This scholarship is in recognition of your exceptional academic achievement, background and experiences. Additional information regarding your scholarship offer will be sent to you by email from the Office of Financial Aid within the next couple of business days.

Okay thanks! I was just wondering

Accepted!!
Goodluck to everyone else waiting to hear back or on the waiting list!
#neverlosefaith

Also accepted! I'm planning on attending Columbia, so hopefully someone hears from the wait list soon!

I have also been accepted. Dont be discouraged. I had already been wait-listed by 2 other schools, and didn't know what to expect. It is going to work out, and people are going to decline their acceptances and spots will open up.

Would you mind posting your stats? I know they said they are going to give a pretty big scholarship amount

I just declined my acceptance (with the high tuition costs, I would have only been able to consider MGH if I had gotten a scholarship)-- so hopefully that should open up a spot for one of you on the waitlist!

For anybody that is on the waitlist, are you sending any form of updates to them?

Does anyone have any idea how many students they send acceptance letters/emails to and how many are put on the waitlist?

For those of you who are accepted, when do you need to make your deposit by? I'm on the waitlist and would love to know when MGH can contact those who are waiting to get in!

For those who have been accepted, anyone else looking for housing? I am local and am looking to move closer to school. Would be ideal to room with someone in the same program...
I might be interested....I kind of started to look at places around boston and realized that having a roommate def helps

I might be interested....I kind of started to look at places around boston and realized that having a roommate def helps
Are you local? I have been actively looking and you definitely need a roommate or will be looking for a room in a shared house and why I thought if I needed a roommate anyway, better to have one I know will be in the program...

For those who have been accepted, anyone else looking for housing? I am local and am looking to move closer to school. Would be ideal to room with someone in the same program...

When do you need to have a definitive answer by? I'm kind of in a grey area of committing to MGH and waiting for responses from a few more schools

I meant a definitive answer regarding Taurus77's question regarding housing and potential roommates. I was that "someone" who said the 23rd lol

Since the deadline is the 23rd...if you decide to attend let me know ASAP...are you local?

Hi Rudolph, when were you looking to move up here?

I was looking at the Academic Calendar and I think it says our first day of class is June 5 (unless I read it wrong), so probably early May. What areas were you looking for apts in?

I was looking at the Academic Calendar and I think it says our first day of class is June 5 (unless I read it wrong), so probably early May. What areas were you looking for apts in?

I thought it was June also, but in looking at the academic calendars online it talks about the new student orientation in May..?!? Hoping for more info after the deposit deadline of the 23rd... I have been looking at the towns surrounding Charlestown. Somerville is the hotbed for college/grad students but I have seen a few places there and due to the constant turnover, you can imagine the conditions the places are in. Let's just say the pictures online do NOT represent what they are in person. As such, I am looking at Malden, Everett, Chelsea (Orange line access to North Station where MGH shuttles run to MGH IHP). Essentially, getting to North Station by public transportation is key because MGH runs shuttles to Spaulding, IHP, etc. free from there. I am considering all towns that get to NS directly as a result to reduce the amount of time to get to school...e.g...do I have to walk to the bus/train, if so how long does that take?, how long on the bus/train to get to North Station?, then once arrive at NS, the MGH shuttle runs every 15 mins....so you can see that being able to jump right on a bus or train initially saves easily 15-20 mins commute. I am trying to find a place that is within walking distance (preferably) to the T, because it not like sitting on the bus and dealing with the same car traffic...

I thought it was June also, but in looking at the academic calendars online it talks about the new student orientation in May..?!? Hoping for more info after the deposit deadline of the 23rd... I have been looking at the towns surrounding Charlestown. Somerville is the hotbed for college/grad students but I have seen a few places there and due to the constant turnover, you can imagine the conditions the places are in. Let's just say the pictures online do NOT represent what they are in person. As such, I am looking at Malden, Everett, Chelsea (Orange line access to North Station where MGH shuttles run to MGH IHP). Essentially, getting to North Station by public transportation is key because MGH runs shuttles to Spaulding, IHP, etc. free from there. I am considering all towns that get to NS directly as a result to reduce the amount of time to get to school...e.g...do I have to walk to the bus/train, if so how long does that take?, how long on the bus/train to get to North Station?, then once arrive at NS, the MGH shuttle runs every 15 mins....so you can see that being able to jump right on a bus or train initially saves easily 15-20 mins commute. I am trying to find a place that is within walking distance (preferably) to the T, because it not like sitting on the bus and dealing with the same car traffic...

Hey! I have been accepted to MGH as well and have committed there also. I am not from the area and I will need roommates. I'm sorry to just jump on your thread, but I have been worried about houseing cost and roomies ever since I was accepted. Also, this is my first time using this site, so i'm not entirely sure how it works and if I am doing it right haha.

I will be declining my spot. Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: 1 users
I've been accepted and plan on attending MGH. I'm from out of state and any info about living or other helpful info is appreciated!

Hey! I'm from the area as well, I actually currently live in Somerville. It's a really fun area with a lot to do and (as you said) a much younger college/grad school population. You just need to know the right squares and neighborhoods to look at haha. You definitely will find some pretty scummy places, but you're going to find that anywhere in the surrounding Charlestown areas. You just need to weed through all of those postings. Otherwise, some nicer areas could be found in town if you looked at the North End or Beacon Hill. Those places would obviously just be a lot more expensive, but you'd also find much nicer conditions. That's the price you pay for living in cheaper areas such as Somerville haha :)

You could also look into bus routes too instead of limiting yourself to a place close to a T stop. I know the 93 runs really close to campus, and that goes through Somerville, Charlestown, and into downtown/the financial district, so those could be options, too!

Hey there, I sent an email asking about whether there will be events for new students prior to the start date on June 5 and they replied saying we won't be expected to be on campus until June. I'm from out of state and will be looking for housing and roommates too...with high tuition costs, hoping to keep housing expenses as low as possible...

Hey! I'm from the area as well, I actually currently live in Somerville. It's a really fun area with a lot to do and (as you said) a much younger college/grad school population. You just need to know the right squares and neighborhoods to look at haha. You definitely will find some pretty scummy places, but you're going to find that anywhere in the surrounding Charlestown areas. You just need to weed through all of those postings. Otherwise, some nicer areas could be found in town if you looked at the North End or Beacon Hill. Those places would obviously just be a lot more expensive, but you'd also find much nicer conditions. That's the price you pay for living in cheaper areas such as Somerville haha :)

You could also look into bus routes too instead of limiting yourself to a place close to a T stop. I know the 93 runs really close to campus, and that goes through Somerville, Charlestown, and into downtown/the financial district, so those could be options, too!

Yes, agreed about weeding through the bad areas lol...great feedback about the areas surrounding Charlestown...I was focusing on the T mainly because it doesn't deal with car traffic, but definitely important to consider it from all angles!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!