MGH DPT 2017 Acceptance Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey there, I sent an email asking about whether there will be events for new students prior to the start date on June 5 and they replied saying we won't be expected to be on campus until June. I'm from out of state and will be looking for housing and roommates too...with high tuition costs, hoping to keep housing expenses as low as possible...
Awesome, thank you for finding out about when classes start!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there, I sent an email asking about whether there will be events for new students prior to the start date on June 5 and they replied saying we won't be expected to be on campus until June. I'm from out of state and will be looking for housing and roommates too...with high tuition costs, hoping to keep housing expenses as low as possible...
Great! Good to hear...thanks:)

Hey! I've been accepted and am going to be moving from a different state as well. I hope to find some roommates also and want to keep rent on the lower end to save money too! I wonder if they plan on doing like a facebook group. I've heard that someone from the school sets one up so we can try and connect!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I've been accepted and am going to be moving from a different state as well. I hope to find some roommates also and want to keep rent on the lower end to save money too! I wonder if they plan on doing like a facebook group. I've heard that someone from the school sets one up so we can try and connect!
Oh wow that's s great idea...a FB page! Definitely need to open up the communication, not fun being in the dark and hoping we get info from MGH ASAP. I'm trying to move by March...want to get adjusted/familiar w/ area etc.

I thought it was June also, but in looking at the academic calendars online it talks about the new student orientation in May..?!? Hoping for more info after the deposit deadline of the 23rd... I have been looking at the towns surrounding Charlestown. Somerville is the hotbed for college/grad students but I have seen a few places there and due to the constant turnover, you can imagine the conditions the places are in. Let's just say the pictures online do NOT represent what they are in person. As such, I am looking at Malden, Everett, Chelsea (Orange line access to North Station where MGH shuttles run to MGH IHP). Essentially, getting to North Station by public transportation is key because MGH runs shuttles to Spaulding, IHP, etc. free from there. I am considering all towns that get to NS directly as a result to reduce the amount of time to get to school...e.g...do I have to walk to the bus/train, if so how long does that take?, how long on the bus/train to get to North Station?, then once arrive at NS, the MGH shuttle runs every 15 mins....so you can see that being able to jump right on a bus or train initially saves easily 15-20 mins commute. I am trying to find a place that is within walking distance (preferably) to the T, because it not like sitting on the bus and dealing with the same car traffic...

FYI once at North station it is only ~ 10-15 walk to the building where the vast majority of classes take place.

They will start a FB page for you that all class years have access too. Once our classes started we also started a private group for just members of our class.

Reactions: 1 user
They will start a FB page for you that all class years have access too. Once our classes started we also started a private group for just members of our class.
Is there a place where we could find out info for any rooms that are open for rent by other students, others, etc...?

Hello Everyone! I am planning on attending MGH IHP for the DPT program beginning in June 2017! Since this forum is for accepted/waitlisted students, I thought it would be good to maybe set up a secret Facebook group for those who are definitely attending the program so we can know who is in our class, and look for potential roommates for those of us not from the Boston area!

Reactions: 4 users
For those who have been accepted, anyone else looking for housing? I am local and am looking to move closer to school. Would be ideal to room with someone in the same program...
Hi!
Hi! I just posted in this forum about setting up a Facebook group for those of us already planning on attending, but I can't create the group without inviting at least one person!

Hello Everyone! I am planning on attending MGH IHP for the DPT program beginning in June 2017! Since this forum is for accepted/waitlisted students, I thought it would be good to maybe set up a secret Facebook group for those who are definitely attending the program so we can know who is in our class, and look for potential roommates for those of us not from the Boston area!

I'm attending too and definitely want to start the process of looking for roommates and an apartment as soon as possible. Could you post the link if you start the Facebook page?

I'm attending too and definitely want to start the process of looking for roommates and an apartment as soon as possible. Could you post the link if you start the Facebook page?
I can't create the group without inviting at least one person, so if you want me to invite you, email me at [email protected] to let me know your Facebook name if you don't want to post it on here! Then, I will post the link once I have at least one other person in the group!

I can't create the group without inviting at least one person, so if you want me to invite you, email me at [email protected] to let me know your Facebook name if you don't want to post it on here! Then, I will post the link once I have at least one other person in the group!

Members don't see this ad :)

Has anyone heard anything from the school about things we need to start doing to get ready (background check, immunizations etc.)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone heard anything from the school about things we need to start doing to get ready (background check, immunizations etc.)?

Nothing yet unfortunatly, but in the application it talked about getting the Hep shots which have to be done over the course of a few months...definitely should talk to your PCP about this. FYI, it's not cheap for the 3 shot series.

Hey guys,

curious if you think my stats will get me in? Anyone get in w/ similar?

cGPA 3.5
preGPA 3.6
GRE 160 v 156 q 4.0 AW

observation: 40 hours outpatient, 10 neuro, 10 inpatient

experience: 6 years working in rehab setting.

accolades: undergrad scholarship, whos who among students award

Hey guys,

curious if you think my stats will get me in? Anyone get in w/ similar?

cGPA 3.5
preGPA 3.6
GRE 160 v 156 q 4.0 AW

observation: 40 hours outpatient, 10 neuro, 10 inpatient

experience: 6 years working in rehab setting.

accolades: undergrad scholarship, whos who among students award

You should be more than ok. I got in with lesser (My cGPA and GRE were lower). I don't know what your position was working in the rehab setting, but if it was as an aide then you should be all set.

Anyone have their class schedule yet? What time does class start? Is traffic an issue?

Last edited:
You should be more than ok. I got in with lesser (My cGPA and GRE were lower). I don't know what your position was working in the rehab setting, but if it was as an aide then you should be all set.

Thank you!

This is in regards to the health history information and the due date of them. I was recently accepted into the DPT program and it was stated that submitting my health information is due on April 1st when viewing the "prepare for your arrival" on the D2L. . However, there seems to be another date that I have seen when doing the DPT orientation, as it states that the health information is due May 5th. I was wondering which date I should go by, as it might be complicated to get all of the requirements done by the April 1st deadline. Any help would be greatly appreciated.