1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

MGH path clerkship

Discussion in 'Pathology' started by 2TIM4:7, Jul 28, 2006.

1. 2TIM4:7

2TIM4:7 Member
    5+ Year Member

I'll be doing a pathology exchange clerkship there soon. Anything essential I need to know about the clerkship? (besides being professional, courteous, etc) I did a search and it was not fruitful.

I plan on informally introducing myself to the program director at MGH (and if time permits, BWH and BID) for starters.

Please respond if you have anything pertinent info. Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LADoc00

LADoc00 There is no substitute for victory.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yes, if any of the attendings tell you to "Get in me belly"..dont listen to them. Also wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt the first day is always going to generate a solid ice breaker. Claim your bags were lost at the airport and thats all you have. Wear sunglasses at sign out. In essence, act like you dont give a crap. Have your friends call you on your cell during sign outs and claim Epstein at Hopkins is asking for your sage advice on a tough case..yet again. Better yet, tell em that Prof. Murphy at BWH cant sign out any nevi until you double scope em with him. Then casually tell Dr. Mihm at MGH: "Yeah if youre lucky, I *might* re-review some of your challenging consults."

4. 2TIM4:7

2TIM4:7 Member
    5+ Year Member

Yup! That's what I expected from you.

Using your own words: N-E-X-T!

5. LADoc00

LADoc00 There is no substitute for victory.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sh!t I would hate to disappoint.

6. pathstudent

pathstudent Sound Kapital
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I saw a 4th year show up at his path rotation dressed up like a Goth-punker. Whoa!

That's one of those things you'll only see in path. You would never see a ENT, optho, or ortho student show up to a 4th year elective dressed like goth.