2TIM4:7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
Status
I'll be doing a pathology exchange clerkship there soon. Anything essential I need to know about the clerkship? (besides being professional, courteous, etc) I did a search and it was not fruitful.

I plan on informally introducing myself to the program director at MGH (and if time permits, BWH and BID) for starters.

Please respond if you have anything pertinent info. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
2TIM4:7 said:
I'll be doing a pathology exchange clerkship there soon. Anything essential I need to know about the clerkship? (besides being professional, courteous, etc) I did a search and it was not fruitful.

I plan on informally introducing myself to the program director at MGH (and if time permits, BWH and BID) for starters.

Please respond if you have anything pertinent info. Thank you.
Yes, if any of the attendings tell you to "Get in me belly"..dont listen to them. Also wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt the first day is always going to generate a solid ice breaker. Claim your bags were lost at the airport and thats all you have. Wear sunglasses at sign out. In essence, act like you dont give a crap. Have your friends call you on your cell during sign outs and claim Epstein at Hopkins is asking for your sage advice on a tough case..yet again. Better yet, tell em that Prof. Murphy at BWH cant sign out any nevi until you double scope em with him. Then casually tell Dr. Mihm at MGH: "Yeah if youre lucky, I *might* re-review some of your challenging consults."

OP

2TIM4:7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
Status
LADoc00 said:
Yes, if any of the attendings tell you to "Get in me belly"..dont listen to them. Also wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt the first day is always going to generate a solid ice breaker. Claim your bags were lost at the airport and thats all you have. Wear sunglasses at sign out. In essence, act like you dont give a crap. Have your friends call you on your cell during sign outs and claim Epstein at Hopkins is asking for your sage advice on a tough case..yet again. Better yet, tell em that Prof. Murphy at BWH cant sign out any nevi until you double scope em with him. Then casually tell Dr. Mihm at MGH: "Yeah if youre lucky, I *might* re-review some of your challenging consults."
Yup! That's what I expected from you.

Using your own words: N-E-X-T!

About the Ads

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
2TIM4:7 said:
Yup! That's what I expected from you.

Using your own words: N-E-X-T!
Sh!t I would hate to disappoint.

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I saw a 4th year show up at his path rotation dressed up like a Goth-punker. Whoa!

That's one of those things you'll only see in path. You would never see a ENT, optho, or ortho student show up to a 4th year elective dressed like goth.

About the Ads