MGMA Physicians Salary Survey anyone?

Started by musom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

musom

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curious if anyone has seen/purchased a recent copy of the MGMA physicians salary survey? I'm entering the job market in July (keep the negative comments to yourself) and would like to be armed with a ballpark salary for contract negotiations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curious if anyone has seen/purchased a recent copy of the MGMA physicians salary survey? I'm entering the job market in July (keep the negative comments to yourself) and would like to be armed with a ballpark salary for contract negotiations.

There are several other sources that you can use for a "ballpark" salary. Many universities have physicians' salaries available on line. You could look as Assistant Professors in the city, and multiply by about 1.4 for a private practice job. The 1.4 multiplier is somewhat arbitrary, but it is close.

You can also go to the medical school library and look at the most recent copy of the AAMC salary survey, again look at Assistant Professors in your region and multiply by 1.4.

Bear in mind that the AAMC is total compensation, which includes salary and bonus. It would not include benefits.

Good luck with your job search.
 
Right, I was hoping to come armed with a black and white "this is an average base starting salary for an academic pathologist in this region". I understand the difficulties of defining this, considering all other benefits/bonuses/etc..

Anyway, I was hoping for the MGMA survey...