MHA Admissions Help

Started by apham2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

apham2

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated this past May with a BS in biology. I'm planning to take a gap year off to do volunteer work and get some experience under the belt. I've been working with the Red Cross, and I'll start a 10-month position with Habitat for Humanity partnership with AmeriCorps last August. Do you guys think that would suffice as experience? Or should I also volunteer at the local Free Med Clinic?

Also, any suggestions on the interview process, studying for the GRE, and career goal statement advice. ANYTHING would help, guys! Thanks.
 
I graduated this past May with a BS in biology. I'm planning to take a gap year off to do volunteer work and get some experience under the belt. I've been working with the Red Cross, and I'll start a 10-month position with Habitat for Humanity partnership with AmeriCorps last August. Do you guys think that would suffice as experience? Or should I also volunteer at the local Free Med Clinic?

Also, any suggestions on the interview process, studying for the GRE, and career goal statement advice. ANYTHING would help, guys! Thanks.

This forum is for post baccalaureate and masters programs geared towards those pursuing medical and dental school. You will get much better advice asking your questions in the public health forum. People there know more about MHA programs and what you need. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/public-health-degrees-masters-and-doctoral.94/

Good luck!