MHA / MPH-HPM and merit aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarcB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. A cursory review of the tuition at the various MHA / MPH-HPM programs indicates that most schools have considerable costs, e.g. I think UMichigan is up to about $ 40,000 per year for just tuition for non-residents. Do most of these schools, generally, offer some merit aid to applicants who are accepted ? or is merit aid essentially a limited occurence where only a small %, e.g. 20 % or so, are offered such merit aid ( presumably based on GPA, GRE scores ? ) ? Many thanks. Happy holidays. Marc

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Marc,

Funding for MHA/MPH programs is hard to come by. While I have heard of some funding coming out of Michigan, it is relatively small compered to the cost. Also, the percentage of students receiving is is small ( I saw you asked about 20% and I would say it is probably wayyyyy smaller than that-think 5%). The good news about these degrees is while loans may be the primary source of financing, you can get the cost covered by fed loans which while still bad, are infinitely better than private loans.