MHA MHA programs that provide more health policy focus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lavendermoon21

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm interested in pursuing an MHA for the training in leadership & management, but really want a program that will still provide a lot coursework in health policy and advocacy. I was wondering if there are certain MHA programs that are better known to provide a larger focus in health policy?
 
Hi! I'm interested in pursuing an MHA for the training in leadership & management, but really want a program that will still provide a lot coursework in health policy and advocacy. I was wondering if there are certain MHA programs that are better known to provide a larger focus in health policy?


Hi, I’m a current MHA at UNC. Our program has a big emphasis on public policy and I know some of my cohort has taken electives that are heavy in public policy outside of our core requirements. My guess is that JHU would be another really great program for policy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I’m a current MHA at UNC. Our program has a big emphasis on public policy and I know some of my cohort has taken electives that are heavy in public policy outside of our core requirements. My guess is that JHU would be another really great program for policy.

I'm a 2nd year MHA student and would say we don't have a strong focus on policy unfortunately. Our curriculum is more tailored for management/leadership. However the MPH program would but it seems you aren't looking for just MPH.
 
This is kinda late, but Yale or UMich would probably be good for you! I go to Umich right now, and the policy (MPH) /management (MHSA) cohorts are combined. I know a lot of my cohort was thinking about Yale, as well!