MHA vs MBA for Hospital Executive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Office Visit

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I am fairly new to these forums and am curious what your thoughts are on this long discussed debate. I am interested in ending up in executive leadership in a hospital or healthcare system. I have a competitive GPA and have been scoring very well on practice GMATs. My questions are:

1. What do you think is a better route with this end goal in mind between an MHA and MBA with healthcare emphasis?
2. Does going to a Top 5-10 MHA program vs like a 20-30th ranked MBA influence which one would be a better option?
 
Do you have the years of experience to get in to a T15 MBA program? If not, I would apply for MHA programs