Miami vs Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mizcracker1212

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am luckily in the favorable position to be considering a couple of MD programs. I know that the University of Miami has a really great reputation for their clinical training, and Quinnipiac (Netter) definitely has a strong focus on board exams and student wellness. I know Miami has numerical scoring for their grading, so I feel like that definitely can be stressful. I just wanted to get some opinions on school choice and maybe experiences that people have had while attending both of these programs.
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Miami. Been around longer and regarded more highly. While ultimately the decision has to be which school you fit best at, I would go with Miami-location, prestige, clinical training, facilities. No brainer to me

Reactions: 1 users
I strongly second JaxJax17. Miami is the better option hands down, unless you have some strong strong reservations.

Reactions: 1 user
Go to Miami, take out a big loan, and enjoy yourself at Liv after every hard block. Walking around in shorts with palm trees around in the middle of the winter beats living in Connecticut.

In all seriousness go with fit, but I’m a huge weather/lifestyle person so I’d choose Meeeeyaaammmiii.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to Miami, take out a big loan, and enjoy yourself at Liv after every hard block. Walking around in shorts with palm trees around in the middle of the winter beats living in Connecticut.

In all seriousness go with fit, but I’m a huge weather/lifestyle person so I’d choose Meeeeyaaammmiii.

Lol I’m from Las Vegas so i definitely prefer the Miami weather because idk what snow is. Thanks everyone :)