Michael reese hospital withdrawing from match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adrenalin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received mail from them that the hospital would not be submitting its rank order list..

this is weird they withdrew 2 days pror to deadline date..

so do i have to re-do my ROL....??

Members don't see this ad.

probably means they filled with prematched IMGs.
consider yourself lucky...

probably means they filled with prematched IMGs.
consider yourself lucky...

I heard that they were having problems with funding and so would not be accepting residents this year. They just weren't sure until now...sucks if you had to go there for an interview and spend all that money.

I heard that they were having problems with funding and so would not be accepting residents this year. They just weren't sure until now...sucks if you had to go there for an interview and spend all that money.

Not unheard of, and probably low yield, but couldn't hurt to ask them to reimburse you for your expenses incurred, especially if they were not open when they invited you and didn't say up front "we might not be participating in the match this year."

Fraud, or something like that.

I received mail from them that the hospital would not be submitting its rank order list..

this is weird they withdrew 2 days pror to deadline date..

so do i have to re-do my ROL....??

You do not have to re-do your ROL.

If you list a program that doesn't participate, the match will go on to the next program on your list.

Hello ppl

I got the same email from them. I don't know how they could do this after even promising that they'll rank us high. that too 2 days from ROL submission deadline!! I called them up to find out what was up with it and nobody responded. So in this situation would it be alright to keep my ROL unchanged? Or should I delete it from my ROL? Is there any risk involved in letting it be there in the ROL?

Quick response appreciated. Thanks!

Your rank list should be in strict order of personal preference, and if you have done this correctly, it will not matter if you do not remove it from your list. You will gain nothing from removing it, unless you have ranked over 20 programs (in which case you save some money).

thanks for ur reply jeebus. ur right about what you said, but do u think i gain anything by leaving it on my ROL? like maybe a slight chance of them not having withdrawn maybe? or not possible really?
im confused...and thinking overtime!

thanks for ur reply jeebus. ur right about what you said, but do u think i gain anything by leaving it on my ROL? like maybe a slight chance of them not having withdrawn maybe? or not possible really?

Eh just leave it. It doesn't matter at all so why bother with the effort of logging in to change it?

Sorry to hear that guys. Hopefully it wasn't your top choice anyways.

If it's going to cost you EXTRA anxiety then by all means log into NRMP, click on ROL, click DELETE after that hospitals name and finally click log out.

You will feel much better! ;)

Sorry to hear that guys. Hopefully it wasn't your top choice anyways.

If it's going to cost you EXTRA anxiety then by all means log into NRMP, click on ROL, click DELETE after that hospitals name and finally click log out.

You will feel much better! ;)

if you do that do not forget to recertify....