gategal5

10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
New Jersey
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me choose between Michigan State and Ohio State. I liked both schools when I visited, I particularly loved MSU, but Ohio would be $50,000 cheaper. So other than monetary reasons does anyone have an advice to offer me? If there are any Ohio State students that love it or anything to add...etc....please I need to decide soon. Thanks

tygris

Michigan CVM c/o 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2006
Status
Veterinary Student
gategal5 said:
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me choose between Michigan State and Ohio State. I liked both schools when I visited, I particularly loved MSU, but Ohio would be $50,000 cheaper. So other than monetary reasons does anyone have an advice to offer me? If there are any Ohio State students that love it or anything to add...etc....please I need to decide soon. Thanks
I was semi-deciding between these two as well. I just adored Michigan State... and I really didn't care much for OSU. The way I see it is that I'm spending four years of my life in vet school and I want to really love the place I am, even if it costs more. That's how I justified my decision to stick with MSU anyway. I've also heard from an adjunct faculty member at OSU that quite a handful of their faculty are "jumping ship" for some reason or another, which made me lean even more toward MSU. I'm sure you'll get a great education from either school, but I guess I'm pretty biased... ;) I also like East Lansing a lot more than Columbus, but I tend to dislike most parts of Ohio since I lived in Cleveland for six years and it sucked.
Hope that helped :laugh:

UKYWildcat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2005
Status
Veterinary Student
tygris said:
I was semi-deciding between these two as well. I just adored Michigan State... and I really didn't care much for OSU. The way I see it is that I'm spending four years of my life in vet school and I want to really love the place I am, even if it costs more. That's how I justified my decision to stick with MSU anyway. I've also heard from an adjunct faculty member at OSU that quite a handful of their faculty are "jumping ship" for some reason or another, which made me lean even more toward MSU. I'm sure you'll get a great education from either school, but I guess I'm pretty biased... ;) I also like East Lansing a lot more than Columbus, but I tend to dislike most parts of Ohio since I lived in Cleveland for six years and it sucked.
Hope that helped :laugh:

Ohio State is having a major staff turnover right now and the numbers are getting kind of daunting. I can think of at least 10 (yikes) faculty members that have left in the last 2 years. I'm also not terribly impressed with the new dean and his ideas for the college, either. Two big reasons I decided against attending OSU.