Michigan Vs. Ohio

Started by gategal5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gategal5

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me choose between Michigan State and Ohio State. I liked both schools when I visited, I particularly loved MSU, but Ohio would be $50,000 cheaper. So other than monetary reasons does anyone have an advice to offer me? If there are any Ohio State students that love it or anything to add...etc....please I need to decide soon. Thanks
 
gategal5 said:
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me choose between Michigan State and Ohio State. I liked both schools when I visited, I particularly loved MSU, but Ohio would be $50,000 cheaper. So other than monetary reasons does anyone have an advice to offer me? If there are any Ohio State students that love it or anything to add...etc....please I need to decide soon. Thanks

I was semi-deciding between these two as well. I just adored Michigan State... and I really didn't care much for OSU. The way I see it is that I'm spending four years of my life in vet school and I want to really love the place I am, even if it costs more. That's how I justified my decision to stick with MSU anyway. I've also heard from an adjunct faculty member at OSU that quite a handful of their faculty are "jumping ship" for some reason or another, which made me lean even more toward MSU. I'm sure you'll get a great education from either school, but I guess I'm pretty biased... 😉 I also like East Lansing a lot more than Columbus, but I tend to dislike most parts of Ohio since I lived in Cleveland for six years and it sucked.
Hope that helped :laugh:
 
tygris said:
I was semi-deciding between these two as well. I just adored Michigan State... and I really didn't care much for OSU. The way I see it is that I'm spending four years of my life in vet school and I want to really love the place I am, even if it costs more. That's how I justified my decision to stick with MSU anyway. I've also heard from an adjunct faculty member at OSU that quite a handful of their faculty are "jumping ship" for some reason or another, which made me lean even more toward MSU. I'm sure you'll get a great education from either school, but I guess I'm pretty biased... 😉 I also like East Lansing a lot more than Columbus, but I tend to dislike most parts of Ohio since I lived in Cleveland for six years and it sucked.
Hope that helped :laugh:


Ohio State is having a major staff turnover right now and the numbers are getting kind of daunting. I can think of at least 10 (yikes) faculty members that have left in the last 2 years. I'm also not terribly impressed with the new dean and his ideas for the college, either. Two big reasons I decided against attending OSU.