micro cards--any suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wxl31

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm trying to decide between the lippincott micro cards and the lange cards...the store wont let me open them up to look inside and once i buy it's nonreturnable. any suggestions?

i'm looking for something w/ a clinical scenario on the front and details about the bug on the back. pics/diagrams are good too and it'd be sweet if they broke up the cards by category...i.e. gram positive vs. gram neg

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the BRS cards are nice because there isn't an overwhelming amount of text on each card. Just a quick factiod question followed by an answer and short explanation if needed.

These are the ones I use and I like them. They are just as you describe: clinical scenario on the front, a picture of the bacti, etc, and then the meat and potatos on the back. I like all the details because, well we still need to know the details! I have used them with qbank plus pretest micro and they have all the facts you will need. I prefered them to Micro made ridic., altho that is a good book to have as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...0847/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7240891-4255924?ie=UTF8

Members don't see this ad :)
wxl31 said:
i'm trying to decide between the lippincott micro cards and the lange cards...the store wont let me open them up to look inside and once i buy it's nonreturnable. any suggestions?

i'm looking for something w/ a clinical scenario on the front and details about the bug on the back. pics/diagrams are good too and it'd be sweet if they broke up the cards by category...i.e. gram positive vs. gram neg

thanks!

i have the BRS ones. Although we have not yet started micro, i would rather use the notes for details and flashcards for quick factoids. i have always used notecards for memorizing factoids and the notes for getting all the details...

Paws said:
These are the ones I use and I like them. They are just as you describe: clinical scenario on the front, a picture of the bacti, etc, and then the meat and potatos on the back. I like all the details because, well we still need to know the details! I have used them with qbank plus pretest micro and they have all the facts you will need. I prefered them to Micro made ridic., altho that is a good book to have as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...0847/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7240891-4255924?ie=UTF8

Ditto. Everything you need is on these cards. Plus you can highlight or write on them to emphasize the more pertinent information. (no glossy surface)

are micro cards really useful? i already have clinical micro simple. the same question about path and pharm cards? the only reason i ask is that during first year, i bought the netters anatomy flashcards and the netters neuroscience flashcards. i rarely used them. the drawings also just didnt help me.