Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

micro cards--any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by wxl31, Aug 3, 2006.

1. wxl31

wxl31 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i'm trying to decide between the lippincott micro cards and the lange cards...the store wont let me open them up to look inside and once i buy it's nonreturnable. any suggestions?

i'm looking for something w/ a clinical scenario on the front and details about the bug on the back. pics/diagrams are good too and it'd be sweet if they broke up the cards by category...i.e. gram positive vs. gram neg

thanks!

2. ddmo

ddmo BMF
    10+ Year Member

I think the BRS cards are nice because there isn't an overwhelming amount of text on each card. Just a quick factiod question followed by an answer and short explanation if needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Paws

7+ Year Member

These are the ones I use and I like them. They are just as you describe: clinical scenario on the front, a picture of the bacti, etc, and then the meat and potatos on the back. I like all the details because, well we still need to know the details! I have used them with qbank plus pretest micro and they have all the facts you will need. I prefered them to Micro made ridic., altho that is a good book to have as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...0847/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7240891-4255924?ie=UTF8

4. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i have the BRS ones. Although we have not yet started micro, i would rather use the notes for details and flashcards for quick factoids. i have always used notecards for memorizing factoids and the notes for getting all the details...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MorningGlory

MorningGlory Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ditto. Everything you need is on these cards. Plus you can highlight or write on them to emphasize the more pertinent information. (no glossy surface)

6. medicinehopeful

5+ Year Member

are micro cards really useful? i already have clinical micro simple. the same question about path and pharm cards? the only reason i ask is that during first year, i bought the netters anatomy flashcards and the netters neuroscience flashcards. i rarely used them. the drawings also just didnt help me.