Micro Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently came across a micro question asking about IgA proteases. Originally, I thought they were found in only N. gon/N. meningo. However, I also was told that they are found in H. influenzae, and Strep pneumonia. Looking for confirmation on this and was wondering if there any other bugs out there with IgA proteases?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I know it is Neisseria, H. Influenza, and Strep Pneumo. These 3 also can undergo "transformation."

I remember:

I met A NICE HISPanic who "transformed" me...

A= IgA Protease
Nice = Neisseria
HI= H. Influenza
SP = Strep Pneumo

From what I know it is Neisseria, H. Influenza, and Strep Pneumo. These 3 also can undergo "transformation."

I remember:

I met A NICE HISPanic who "transformed" me...

A= IgA Protease
Nice = Neisseria
HI= H. Influenza
SP = Strep Pneumo

writing that one down.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
FA talks about H.influenza, Strep. pneumonia and Nisseria in particular. they dont have any others given. i dont remember coming across another one while reading Lang Micro ( warren levinson)

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but what do you mean these three can also undergo "transformation"?...wait, do you mean that these are the only bacteria that pick up a plasmid? I thought most bacteria were capable of this.

Last edited: