microbiology advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grande♡

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a freshman in college and I'm currently taking microbiology and anatomy..these are the first science courses I'm taking in a college setting and I'm afraid that I might end up with a B in micro, its not impossible that I'll get an A but in the high chance that I get a B, would dental schools look down on me? Is microbiology considered an upper level course? Like would it be terrible if I end up with a B? Sorry if this is a bad question I'm new to this forum haha but thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

would dental schools look down on me? Like would it be terrible if I end up with a B?

No and No. Just try to get as many As as possible and you'll be fine

yeah, i agree with that, just try to as many as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems insane that your school allows you to take microbio and anatomy as a freshman. Did you start with a lot of college or AP credits? Anyway, they are upper level biology classes, so you should be fine as long as you have an upward trend

Reactions: 1 users
And when are you taking General Biology I and II (which are the actual requirements for dental schools)? I bet you took it AP and that's why you can take those courses as a freshman, but, just so you know, there's 18 dental schools that do not accept AP for prerequisites (like General Biology I and II)

You might say "oh, there's other 42 schools that would accept it, so I'm fine". But needing to take out 18 schools just because you don meet their requirements IMO is a huge disadvantage. I took CC classes and 4 dental schools do not accept them. I needed to take out of my list those 4. And they were schools that I would love to go.

And when are you taking General Biology I and II (which are the actual requirements for dental schools)? I bet you took it AP and that's why you can take those courses as a freshman, but, just so you know, there's 18 dental schools that do not accept AP for prerequisites (like General Biology I and II)
Any way to find out what schools do and do not accept AP or community college credits? I've e-mailed a couple asking about it but a nice concise list would be so much better.

Any way to find out what schools do and do not accept AP or community college credits? I've e-mailed a couple asking about it but a nice concise list would be so much better.
Its right on all their websites. Go to the app process page and they'll have a list of prereq requirements, right under it it will say something about using AP credits for prereqs.

Reactions: 1 user