• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Microbiology

12R34Y

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2000
  1. Attending Physician
Most of the 3rd years who gave our class advice from a survey said that First Aid was plenty for micro and pharm.

having said that......many of them supplemented with micro made ridiculous and/or Jawetz/levingson Micro and immunology (my personal pick).

later

Upvote 0

lh2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
I used Micro Made Ridiculously Simple (the charts are excellent). For pharm, I used Pharm Companion (this is spiral book completely with charts--great for memorizing) and Pharm Recall. I did review the First Aid sections for micro and pharm as well, but I didn't think that this would be enough, seeing how micro and pharm make up so large a percent of the test.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2003
Here
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by 12R34Y
Jawetz/levingson Micro and immunology (my personal pick).

While Micro-MRS is probably the Cliff's Notes for Micro, this book is the Micro bible. Like most Lange books, a thoroughly concise effort and actually a decent read, if you arent trying to cram.

Upvote 0

BellKicker

Twisted Miler
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2002
Up North
Originally posted by Idiopathic
While Micro-MRS is probably the Cliff's Notes for Micro, this book is the Micro bible. Like most Lange books, a thoroughly concise effort and actually a decent read, if you arent trying to cram.

There's a review book and a text-book. I would definitely go with the review book (even that's a little over the top).

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.