Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Microbiology

Discussion in 'Step I' started by giznut12, Mar 26, 2004.

1. giznut12

giznut12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What book do most people use for Micro on Step 1? I have heard that Lippincott's and Micro Made simple are the best.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Most of the 3rd years who gave our class advice from a survey said that First Aid was plenty for micro and pharm.

having said that......many of them supplemented with micro made ridiculous and/or Jawetz/levingson Micro and immunology (my personal pick).

later

4. DrIng

DrIng Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    All I used was First Aid for micro and that seemed to be fine. You'll porbably not cover every possible question just using that but you'll get the main ones....

5. lh2004

lh2004 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I used Micro Made Ridiculously Simple (the charts are excellent). For pharm, I used Pharm Companion (this is spiral book completely with charts--great for memorizing) and Pharm Recall. I did review the First Aid sections for micro and pharm as well, but I didn't think that this would be enough, seeing how micro and pharm make up so large a percent of the test.

6. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    While Micro-MRS is probably the Cliff's Notes for Micro, this book is the Micro bible. Like most Lange books, a thoroughly concise effort and actually a decent read, if you arent trying to cram.

7. BellKicker

BellKicker Twisted Miler
    7+ Year Member

There's a review book and a text-book. I would definitely go with the review book (even that's a little over the top).

8. giznut12

giznut12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have lippincott's micro. It has some excellent illustrations (like all of the lippincott books). Is anyone else using this book?