• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
What book do most people use for Micro on Step 1? I have heard that Lippincott's and Micro Made simple are the best.

12R34Y

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2000
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Most of the 3rd years who gave our class advice from a survey said that First Aid was plenty for micro and pharm.

having said that......many of them supplemented with micro made ridiculous and/or Jawetz/levingson Micro and immunology (my personal pick).

later

DrIng

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
All I used was First Aid for micro and that seemed to be fine. You'll porbably not cover every possible question just using that but you'll get the main ones....

About the Ads

lh2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Status
I used Micro Made Ridiculously Simple (the charts are excellent). For pharm, I used Pharm Companion (this is spiral book completely with charts--great for memorizing) and Pharm Recall. I did review the First Aid sections for micro and pharm as well, but I didn't think that this would be enough, seeing how micro and pharm make up so large a percent of the test.

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2003
Here
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by 12R34Y
Jawetz/levingson Micro and immunology (my personal pick).
While Micro-MRS is probably the Cliff's Notes for Micro, this book is the Micro bible. Like most Lange books, a thoroughly concise effort and actually a decent read, if you arent trying to cram.

BellKicker

Twisted Miler
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2002
Up North
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Idiopathic
While Micro-MRS is probably the Cliff's Notes for Micro, this book is the Micro bible. Like most Lange books, a thoroughly concise effort and actually a decent read, if you arent trying to cram.
There's a review book and a text-book. I would definitely go with the review book (even that's a little over the top).

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
I have lippincott's micro. It has some excellent illustrations (like all of the lippincott books). Is anyone else using this book?

About the Ads