Mid-30s, M, needs 2 yrs of pre-reqs. WAMC to become a pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hairom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wonder if you can help me out. I am Mid-30s, M, married with children. My undergrad was in Music and Theology. I also held 2 Masters in Theological Studies and Religions. I am working toward to become CPhT. I definitely needs at least 2-3 yrs of pre-reqs. I am willing to work on this.

WAMC to become a pharmacist?

Many thanks!
Hairom :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would say that if you do well on your PCAT and in your pre-req classes that you will have a good shot. The two masters degrees probably help out too. Working towards your CPhT also helps out. One thing adcoms like to see is that someone knows what they are getting into when they apply for pharmacy school, especially if they are changing their profession.

I was (am) a copy of your stats (for the most part). I decided to go back for pre-reqs two years ago. Its not bad as long as you apply yourself. I was able to get into my top pick first time, so I know it can be done.

Study up for the PCAT and make sure to highlight your life experience and you will do fine. I am starting my 3P in 10 days and I will be 42 when I graduate...

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mid 30s is nothing. We just recently had a intern in our pharmacy that is doing his rotations and he is about to graduate at 42 years old! Those 2-3 years of pre-reqs will go by very fast and you will find yourself into pharmacy school before you know it. Being that you are married, it is going to help you tremendously having a spose who supports you and will help raise your kids. Age is nothing more then a self limitation we set in our minds. Most people dont reach the high point years of their life until their mid-late 40s.

If you do well in your classes and on your PCAT, nothing will hold you back. At many schools, your age, marital status, and experiences will only help you.

Anecdotally, I'm pretty sure we have somebody in his mid-50s in our class. I also know of a student at my school who was previously a priest.

Dear All,

Thank you SO much for your supports. All your comments were very helpful and encouraging.

Blessings,
Hairom :love:

Dear All,

Thank you SO much for your supports. All your comments were very helpful and encouraging.

Blessings,
Hairom :love:
Your welcome, and good luck!