Mid-Atlantic Region Starting Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mid-Atlantic Starting Salary Range

  • Below 90K

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90-100K

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 100-110K

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 110K-120K

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 120K +++

    Votes: 3 60.0%

  • Total voters
    5

dentalstudents

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, talked to a recent Optometry Grad and she claimed starting salaries in the Mid-Atlantic region were anywhere from 120 to 130k. I am coming down to a decision between dentistry, podiatry, and optometry and was wondering if anyone in that region can back her up on that claim?

- I understand almost every other post on this forum turns into a "choose dentistry forum" but I just wanted to see if anyone in the Mid-Atlantic region will agree with or refute her remarks?
 
I'd probably move this to the "Optometry forum" since most of those in here (Pre-optometry) are either applying or have recently been accepted and wouldn't be able to answer your question.
 
Do you wanna work with eyes, teeth, or feet for the rest of your life? Don't choose a career based off of money. You can easily make $150k+ in any of these professions after becoming established no matter where you practice.