Mid-level Ads

Started by gungho
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gungho

gungho
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the South-saw an ad today announcing the association of an Advanced Practice nurse with a local Pulmonary practice. First time I've seen an ad for such-common where you are or a sign of the times and to be expected increasingly especially in primary care?
 
gungho said:
I'm in the South-saw an ad today announcing the association of an Advanced Practice nurse with a local Pulmonary practice. First time I've seen an ad for such-common where you are or a sign of the times and to be expected increasingly especially in primary care?

Its not uncommon at all actually to advertise mid-levels. Its pretty much a win-win situation for the add, because either people have no idea what a midlevel is when they see the name tacked under a doctor's name in the add, or they have had great experiences with midlevels in the past and are happy to go see one. Where I was practicing as a PA before med school, the community knew me because I had grown up there. Thus to add my name in the phone book along with my docs only brought extra business. Its just a business decision that can really help in the long run if you play the card correctly. I wouldn't get all worried about it. Specialists would normally prefer to have partners as physicians but sometimes they are hard to recruit and thus a midlevel fills a much needed void.