Low Level 1/Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matchThrowThrow

Reaction score
Got scores back last week, devastated, sub-450s COMLEX, almost 100 points lower than COMSAEs at the start of dedicated. Haven't been able to sleep since starting dedicated, 4-5 hours a night waking up multiple times.

Had Step 1 planned for 2 weeks from now, with rotations starting right after, but just took another NBME and got 194, 20 points lower than one at the start of dedicated...

I seriously don't know what's going on, I kept up with classes and did fine, started board studying earlier than most too.

Right now I'm planning to cancel Step 1 and then just start rotations. Don't know if I should re-attempt to take it next year, I know some people take it at the end of clerkships. Just don't know how that works out, to study for shelves, COMLEX 2, and retain all the minutiae from Step 1.

Can I still match, or should I save 2 years of debt and drop out now? Need someone to talk to, all my friends finished exams ages ago and are enjoying their summers with great scores, meanwhile I wasted all this time with nothing to show for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Your score is fine.
Although the advice to take usmle is typically advised for most DOs, the comlex is widely excepted at many (most?) acgme family med programs. You'll be fine. I failed comlex the first time and know multiple others who have as well and had no problem getting many family med interviews and matching. On all of my interviews they were much more interested in the interesting things on my application and getting to know me.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.