Mid-Levels as Eye-Candy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

APP’s as Eye-Candy?

• True

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • False

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Speaking with some Super-Partners at a KOL event it was remarked how important it is for productive Pain Surgeons to have attractive APP’s.

True or False?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The doctor needs to be attractive, too. Don’t be afraid to show a little ankle. Maybe pad your junk a little. For the Instagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not gonna compensate for an ugly “surgeon”

Speaking with some Super-Partners at a KOL event it was remarked how important it is for productive Pain Surgeons to have attractive APP’s.

True or False?

Nothing gonna compensate for an ugly surgeon but if they usually see the APPs anyway. They may still show up despite not seeing the doctor.

It amazes me how many of these old cancer patients I see are always on the prowl and hound my more attractive members of the staff for hugs and phone numbers and dates. I had one guy drive up to one of my Rad techs and ask her if she wanted to take a ride with him.

Reactions: 1 user

True or False?
It goes along with the KOL vibe, the fancy car and clothes, the young wife, the pretty assistants. Everyone's jealous of the KOL, he such a playa!

This charade continues as the KOL puts out for their sponsors.

Reactions: 2 users
i cant think of a worse idea than to hire an employee primarily for their looks.

the last thing you need is an attractive secretary, assistant, or colleague

• Dislike
i cant think of a worse idea than to hire an employee primarily for their looks.

Unless you are in plastics

I had an MA who looks like an Instagram influencer (now finishing PA school and probably fighting off all the male doctors with a baseball bat). It was really eye-opening to see how much nicer people were to her. Her semi-famous sister has 87.5k Instagram followers for being an athlete but isn’t nearly as pretty.

However being attractive is not an invitation for harassment. I’ve fired patients for being inappropriate towards my staff. They need to feel comfortable showing up to work every day. Small businesses don’t have HR so you have to keep track of these things yourself. Your liability does not change.

Reactions: 7 users
Just because someone is beautiful does not make them a worse doctor. (Or better).
I rotated on the AAPMR council years ago with Dr. Gohari. Her sister had the TV show, but I do not believe was the most attractive sister. I have had drug reps that were former Miss Georgia/Alabama. It would be better to be more attractive than less attractive, better be taller than shorter, better to have a full head of hair than not. I'm 0/3 but just did 110 pullups in 1 hour. Gimme credit for something. :eyebrow:

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Just because someone is beautiful does not make them a worse doctor. (Or better).
I rotated on the AAPMR council years ago with Dr. Gohari. Her sister had the TV show, but I do not believe was the most attractive sister. I have had drug reps that were former Miss Georgia/Alabama. It would be better to be more attractive than less attractive, better be taller than shorter, better to have a full head of hair than not. I'm 0/3 but just did 110 pullups in 1 hour. Gimme credit for something. :eyebrow:
Tall, beautiful, with lots of hair have their baseline expectations higher. Just a lot more room for disappointment.

Guys like us barely even notice the fall lol.

The KOLs and their staffs are all incredibly attractive. Their offices are always having orgies live streaming for free. Great marketing. Always flirting, so much sexuality everywhere. They kiss their notes with red lipstick instead of signing them; they never get a denial! so hotttt. Some of the pain conventions are like 48 hour fashion shows, complete with scandal, polyamory, live streaming from the sauna, overnight jets to tuscany, strip poker from the cockpit, naked AK-47 on the helicopter, that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Come onnnnnnnnn

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Impressive.

Add 300 air-squats, 200 pushups, a mile run before and a mile run after - That's called a Murph!

I used to try and do that with the residents - but over the 8-10 hour shift, and without the run. We called it a mini-Murph.

It was hard for me to do 100 pull-ups in 8 hours. 110 in 1 hour is not an easy feat.

Reactions: 2 users
The KOLs and their staffs are all incredibly attractive. Their offices are always having orgies live streaming for free. Great marketing. Always flirting, so much sexuality everywhere. They kiss their notes with red lipstick instead of signing them; they never get a denial! so hotttt. Some of the pain conventions are like 48 hour fashion shows, complete with scandal, polyamory, live streaming from the sauna, overnight jets to tuscany, strip poker from the cockpit, naked AK-47 on the helicopter, that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Come onnnnnnnnn
now im jealous...

True or False?
False, but the APP has to be fit/in shape … imo.
Otherwise you’re just another paradoxical obese PCP pushing weight loss and wellness .

Well, late one night, a rep pushed me up against the wall. Big luscious lips. Somehow, I don’t remember how, we went from a break out group in Vegas to an exclusive club in Croatia within a few hours. Not that uncommon at these pain meetings, tbh. She said, “I want to partner with you, Doctor ****.” She began to do little Eastern European circles with her hips. I realized she had mistaken me for a famous KOL and unfortunately I let the pink panther out of the sleep sack. She was gone in a flash to find someone with a bigger surgery center. The reps they send to the KOL bat cave/yachts are incredibly hot and usually have European accents. They seem to know a lot about pain medicine (not that there’s a lot to know hehe). Recall that yachts operating in international waters kind of have their own rules. In other words, anything goes. It is not uncommon for KOLs to be found in the middle of Ancient Greece themed orgiastic rites. Half man, half goats with giant D’s running around. Nymphs trying to avoid angry gods. KOLS playing the gods. Yeah, this is the real thing. Rumor has it, at this point it time, you need to do about 5 stims per day (or equivalent pain surgery/minimally invasive spine) every day, to get to this level. The kicker—this isn’t even the highest level! I’ve heard rumors about some of the things that go on in the highest levels of KOL meetings, but I’m embarrassed to write about them on this forum. See y’all in Vegas! I can’t wait for the double blind, multi center, highly powered, randomized, placebo controlled, non-industry funded studies coming out this year!

Reactions: 4 users
Well, late one night, a rep pushed me up against the wall. Big luscious lips. Somehow, I don’t remember how, we went from a break out group in Vegas to an exclusive club in Croatia within a few hours. Not that uncommon at these pain meetings, tbh. She said, “I want to partner with you, Doctor ****.” She began to do little Eastern European circles with her hips. I realized she had mistaken me for a famous KOL and unfortunately I let the pink panther out of the sleep sack. She was gone in a flash to find someone with a bigger surgery center. The reps they send to the KOL bat cave/yachts are incredibly hot and usually have European accents. They seem to know a lot about pain medicine (not that there’s a lot to know hehe). Recall that yachts operating in international waters kind of have their own rules. In other words, anything goes. It is not uncommon for KOLs to be found in the middle of Ancient Greece themed orgiastic rites. Half man, half goats with giant D’s running around. Nymphs trying to avoid angry gods. KOLS playing the gods. Yeah, this is the real thing. Rumor has it, at this point it time, you need to do about 5 stims per day (or equivalent pain surgery/minimally invasive spine) every day, to get to this level. The kicker—this isn’t even the highest level! I’ve heard rumors about some of the things that go on in the highest levels of KOL meetings, but I’m embarrassed to write about them on this forum. See y’all in Vegas! I can’t wait for the double blind, multi center, highly powered, randomized, placebo controlled, non-industry funded studies coming out this year!
Code phrase is “hospitality rep.” If you know, you know. Show me your 1099, Baby!

Manic Pixie Dream KOL

disturbing

Agreed- I schedule 15 min for OV, and flirting/discussion about anyone’s looks just contributes to my falling behind. You came 10 min late, MA took 5 min, so your appt time is up before I walk in the door, now I have to REDIRECT you like a child… rukm.

Aside from the more important points that Agast made of course.

I had a pain physician in a hospital sleep with someone in the office and it definitely wasn’t for looks. Physicians will sometimes be dumb regardless of situations.

I had a pain physician in a hospital sleep with someone in the office and it definitely wasn’t for looks. Physicians will sometimes be dumb regardless of situations.
I bet some surgeons sleep with the old lady in charge of block time at the hospital. Seems like all they talk about.

• Haha
I'm a bit of eye candy myself...

My MA has told me this story ... she worked for another doctor for 7 years. She decided to leave on her own for a change of scenery. 3 months after she left she gets texts from a man who doesnt identify himself. He seems charming and engaging. They keep texting and eventually pics are sent. When I say pics I mean D***pics. you know the kind anthony weiner sends. This stranger tells the MA he is rich and will taker care of her. He tells her to leave her husband. He will take care of her and the kids.

Eventually he reveals himself to be the doctor of the practice she left. He is desperate for her to be with him and professes his undying love to her. Mind you both parties are married with kids. She said not once during those 7 years did the doctor flirt with her in person or in any way It was a complete shock to her

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I'm a bit of eye candy myself...
6B9DB2A9-B762-44D4-A88B-AF62543220E9.jpeg

My MA has told me this story ... she worked for another doctor for 7 years. She decided to leave on her own for a change of scenery. 3 months after she left she gets texts from a man who doesnt identify himself. He seems charming and engaging. They keep texting and eventually pics are sent. When I say pics I mean D***pics. you know the kind anthony weiner sends. This stranger tells the MA he is rich and will taker care of her. He tells her to leave her husband. He will take care of her and the kids.

Eventually he reveals himself to be the doctor of the practice she left. He is desperate for her to be with him and professes his undying love to her. Mind you both parties are married with kids. She said not once during those 7 years did the doctor flirt with her in person or in any way It was a complete shock to her
So “your married with kids” MA was totally cool with sexting with some rando until she found out it was someone she knew…except realistically how many rich guys have her phone number…

So “your married with kids” MA was totally cool with sexting with some rando until she found out it was someone she knew…except realistically how many rich guys have her phone number…
yes. she's apparently always looking for the bigger, better thing.
She was seriously considering it and liked the attention until the s*** became real. Plus she imagined him to be a really good looking rich man and not the unattractive looking doctor she used to work for

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
She was seriously considering it and liked the attention until the s*** became real. Plus she imagined him to be a really good looking rich man and not the unattractive looking doctor she used to work for
It's crazy how older, experienced people put themselves in jeopardy like that. Even as an unmarried, desperate loser, I would never try to seduce a married woman. Like, how can u f up your life in 10 secs or less?

Maybe we need to hear some success stories about how the d pic worked and the couple ran away together and lived happily ever after...

• Haha
Follow up question: is this her way of telling you she’s available for overtime pay

I really like the direction of this thread. If some of y’all drink wine tonight, come back and tell us your dirtiest “it wasn’t me” stories.

I really like the direction of this thread. If some of y’all drink wine tonight, come back and tell us your dirtiest “it wasn’t me” stories.
Well, I can't drink wine so I will tell you mine now.

One of my guy friends texted me "Uh this isn't you, right" and it was a link to an Okcupid profile. Someone took a grainy screenshot of my professional work photo and made a catfish profile, 8 years younger with a different nationality, and perhaps even more insulting they claimed I only graduated from a 2-year college. It's not a particularly enticing headshot, I am wearing a suit, and you would only find this picture if you knew me personally. So basically a patient or someone I work with set up a catfish profile using my face and god knows who interacted with it.

So she got a SCS or PRP?

Well, I can't drink wine so I will tell you mine now.

One of my guy friends texted me "Uh this isn't you, right" and it was a link to an Okcupid profile. Someone took a grainy screenshot of my professional work photo and made a catfish profile, 8 years younger with a different nationality, and perhaps even more insulting they claimed I only graduated from a 2-year college. It's not a particularly enticing headshot, I am wearing a suit, and you would only find this picture if you knew me personally. So basically a patient or someone I work with set up a catfish profile using my face and god knows who interacted with it.

Whaaaaaaat! How did you feel? What did you do next? Did you attempt to chat yourself up a bit?

Whaaaaaaat! How did you feel? What did you do next? Did you attempt to chat yourself up a bit?
Reported the profile as fake and figured whoever did it would realize they got caught and would try to stay out of trouble.

its shocking that the d-pic didnt work. i mean, what girl could say no to that?