Mid-tier rank list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssaiyan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unlike what many people told me, I didn't have a "hah I love this program and resident" feeling during interviews. Almost all the programs have somewhat melted together for me and tbh the process was draining not very exciting. I'm also off-cycle and don't have any mentors to ask for advice so I figured why not SDN. This is my current top 4.

Thoughts on WashU v. Brown v. Yale vs. Penn State (Hershey is a con for me right now)? Career goal probably hospitalist or sub specialize.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Unlike what many people told me, I didn't have a "hah I love this program and resident" feeling during interviews. Almost all the programs have somewhat melted together for me and tbh the process was draining not very exciting. I'm also off-cycle and don't have any mentors to ask for advice so I figured why not SDN. This is my current top 4.

Thoughts on WashU v. Brown v. Yale vs. Penn State (Hershey is a con for me right now)? Career goal probably hospitalist or sub specialize.

thanks!
All residencies are so regulated by the ACGME that you'll probably get the same training at any of those places (all good programs). Therefore, choose the location that's most appealing to you in terms of family, friends, fun things to do, etc. That's how I did it and now I get to go surfing on my precious days off.

Solid programs, I think you'll get great training at any of these places especially if you want to do hospital medicine. Just take a solid look at what kind of city you want to live in and where you would be happiest. Do you want to be on the east coast? St. Louis is a pretty solid city, definitely underrated. Hershey would be great for someone with a family who wants to live comfortably during residency.