Middle & High School Students.......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phar

The Pacifist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go run after the opposite sex...mall-madness....masturbation-madness......underage-drinking-madness.....timeout-madness......acting cool-madness......talking back at teacher-madness.......sports-madness......and so on.....

My point?

Don't worry about medical school.....you got a long way to go......if you worry/try to pursue it now, it will make you geeky, anti-sociopath and self esteem issues......

Go..........enjoy your life and come back here when you get your degree or have finished your third year in COLLEGE.

Members don't see this ad.

Also middle school is a great time to slack off because your grades dont count for anything really when you are in 7th or 8th grade.

I dunno, don't get too lazy, build bad habits and it'll haunt you during HS. And same with College. I say, just do creative and productive activities that are fun fun and more fun.

I know people think back and say, I'd wish I could've gotten an A on so and so class, but I think back and I regret that I didn't do 4 years of track or cross country instead of 3 or I wish I had made it on the varsity team on wrestling or I wish I had done an instrument when I was younger etc. When you're young and in HS, you can do more things than just study. Plus, there's no way you can jump on a college track team and expect to compete ^_^.

Enjoy life by being productive! Maybe you'll find some other passion! Don't waste HS!

Originally posted by Pre-Dent-David
Also middle school is a great time to slack off because your grades dont count for anything really when you are in 7th or 8th grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
All you middle school and high school student's please listen to these guys. HAVE FUN, ENJOY LIFE. simple as that.

Plus its harder for those weird nerdy people to get into med school anyway.

-0-

Originally posted by thezero

-0-

:laugh: :laugh: honestly, that is very much true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does seem like people are starting to stress over things at an earlier and earlier age, doesn't it.

So, yeah, I second, third, fourth the calm-down advice.

However, I wouldn't advice completely calming down during high school. I think high school lays the foundation of the work you will do later on. I know the reason I am where I am now was because of my high school experience and because I worked hard during those years. But this does not mean worry about medical school while in HS...focus on doing your very best in high school for its own sake and recognize the importance of each step on the journey. Once you get to college, focus on doing your very best in college...don't start worrying over medical school until you are reacing application time because it will distract you from your job at the time...doing well in college.
Know what I mean?

Originally posted by thezero
All you middle school and high school student's please listen to these guys. HAVE FUN, ENJOY LIFE. simple as that.

-0-

screw that -- I worked in HS and now I don't really have to in College (though I probably still will) and I'll still be in Med School in 7 years.

Its worth it to put in the effort in HS and get into a direct program so you'll have it fairly easy in college and be able to experience life there without having to worry, like most pre-meds, about grades, MCATs, ECs, and LORs.

:clap:

Well of course, most people who are looking into medicine do well in high school, I am not saying skip class all day, steal the teachers car and breakdance on the cafeteria tables. You can still do well AND enjoy life, many of us have done well in high school and had fun. Hey you probably had fun to, we are just saying relax, a B in 8th grade english will not bar anyone from med-school.

another interesting thing is...i know of alot of kids who studied their arses off in junior high and high school. they practically had no social lives...now, i'm not saying to go and screw yourself by messing up. i'm simply saying that i know of alot of people who didn't get the chance to play and they ended up playing in college after they were liberated from their parents...and it's too bad that they played when the grades mattered the most...

i agree, live your lives...taste life so you don't have to taste it when you have to get down to business in college...be young, you only have 1 shot at it...;)

Didn't Phar say he was quitting SDN? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Obviously he's not taking TOO big of a slice out of life.

Originally posted by snoopdizzle
Didn't Phar say he was quitting SDN? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Obviously he's not taking TOO big of a slice out of life.

I agree.

Just for your information........i did not know SDN existed till march of this year. In fact, i have accomplished all my goals from fun fun fun fun fun fun to acceptance. And now more fun. Yup i agree, lately i have been addicted to SDN. It summer i am not in school.....i basically work, drink and spend about 3hrs a day(on and off) on SDN which is not bad at all. I *might* take a vacation before med.school.