Midwester Chicago Woot!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those who were at the FEB 12 MCV, just wanted to let you guys know that the committee met again on March 5th and decisions were made.....i finally built up the courage to call and found out......so dont loose hope!!!!!!.....ps. my interact now account has NEVER CHANGED....i dont think that thing even works....but whatever its a moot point know...good luck to all....

Hi - just curious... were you accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Comet, you have to first add the school to your graduate school information and provide them with the midwestern.edu email. Once you confirm, you can then hit the join button =)

jlpolla
I tried to join the group via the above website but I could not. I could not find Join Group button.

Comet, you have to first add the school to your graduate school information and provide them with the midwestern.edu email. Once you confirm, you can then hit the join button =)

most people don't have a midwestern.edu email yet. we just got accepted. so we can't join unless its global

Members don't see this ad :)
jlpolla
I tried to join the group via the above website but I could not. I could not find Join Group button.

I found the group and can't join! there is no link-maybe you have to invite us.

My interview was on Dec.11th and received acceptance call on Dec. 15th so I received my packet about 13 days later. I had to pay my deposit by Jan 15th. Actually, I paid the deposit online. The packet would have your new ID and password that you need when you log into this site.
The reason I said it might take time at this time is that all processes has been so slow since mid-January. For example, after 1/15, I realized that my file said they still have not received my matriculation aggreement and technical standard sheet. So, I called the admission office. Then, the lady told me they were so busy with just taking care of all the application.
so, don't be panic. But, I still recommend you to call.

So I have received my admissions packet and one of the letters says I am able to pay my matriculation deposit on my Interact Now page. I don't see where this is on Interact Now. How does this work - I assume I just need to wait for my Interact page to be updated so I can pay online? If you could explain how this works I would really appreciate it.....!

So I have received my admissions packet and one of the letters says I am able to pay my matriculation deposit on my Interact Now page. I don't see where this is on Interact Now. How does this work - I assume I just need to wait for my Interact page to be updated so I can pay online? If you could explain how this works I would really appreciate it.....!

hymm i didn't get mine yet, anyone else get theirs?

I think you go to https://online.midwestern.edu/
-->Enter in your student ID (found on interact now) for Login ID

hymm i didn't get mine yet, anyone else get theirs?

Hey -
I live in Chicago so maybe mine just got to me faster because I'm kind of close (?).

I think you go to https://online.midwestern.edu/
-->Enter in your student ID (found on interact now) for Login ID

Thanks... the site won't open though right now.
One of the letters in the packet says the interact now page is supposed to change for accepted students. How long did this take for anyone that's already been accepted?
The letter is written as if I should be able to see an "accepted student checklist" on interact now..... but it's not there. :confused:

Hey -
I live in Chicago so maybe mine just got to me faster because I'm kind of close (?).

There is 2-3 days differences. I live in MD and I got mine about three days later than the person who lives at IL.

just got my acceptance package from the feb 12th mcv. midwestern wants the deposit in by march 23. btw, i live in california.

For those of you waiting to hear.....they are still hosting MCV's through April. I just saw a group of candidates this morning on my way out.

Members don't see this ad :)
dammit! wheres my packet!

so much paperwork to do. housing, meals, vaccines, titers, its like applying to school all over again.

for those people that sent their paperwork in already did you mail them in two seperate envelopes? i saw some stuff that had to go to student services and others need to go to office of admissions.

I am sending my last paperwork in today (my IL pharm tech license to office of experiential ed), then hopefully I am official...well I have had since Dec to do so...So I am ahead of the game. The titers costed me A LOT of money, but its all worth it in the end! I sent all of the paperwork together (titer, background check, personal information sheet, physical information, etc...since it all came in the same packet). I think the pharm tech license is the only entity which needs to be sent to a different office on campus.

I am so excited and counting the days til I move out to Chicago, planning for June! Yay!:p

so much paperwork to do. housing, meals, vaccines, titers, its like applying to school all over again.

for those people that sent their paperwork in already did you mail them in two seperate envelopes? i saw some stuff that had to go to student services and others need to go to office of admissions.

For housing and meals, you can fill out these application online. But, as jpolla said you can matriculation aggreement, technical standard form, criminal background form in one envelop. Just make sure that you better to sent them with certified mail.

I am sending my last paperwork in today (my IL pharm tech license to office of experiential ed), then hopefully I am official...well I have had since Dec to do so...So I am ahead of the game. The titers costed me A LOT of money, but its all worth it in the end! I sent all of the paperwork together (titer, background check, personal information sheet, physical information, etc...since it all came in the same packet). I think the pharm tech license is the only entity which needs to be sent to a different office on campus.

I am so excited and counting the days til I move out to Chicago, planning for June! Yay!:p

june? you living on campus or are you renting a place nearby?

I am going out there in April to look at apartments, I am going to live off campus w/ my boyfriend who is moving with me...Exciting !! :D

june? you living on campus or are you renting a place nearby?

I got an mandatory candidate visit offer yesterday so they're still inviting people. Good luck!

I also have a MCV 3/26 at 8 am. What are our chances of getting in still? Does anyone know?

I also have a MCV 3/26 at 8 am. What are our chances of getting in still? Does anyone know?

I was at the Feb. 12 MCV, and at that time we were told the class was half full. Deposits and matriculation agreements for the people accepted from the Feb. MCV's are due March 23. Maybe they won't have a good idea of how full the class is until after March 23 (?).

I think there were MCV's this week as well......

just got my acceptance package from the feb 12th mcv. midwestern wants the deposit in by march 23. btw, i live in california.

haha well I JUST got my packet- and Im in cali too...talk about short notice...but I am waay excited anyways!! = )

i sent my payment today and also did my housing aplication. I picked the two redwoods as my top choices, hopefully i'll get a single with a private bath.

i thought about the apartments, although i like cooking i think i'll be too lazy to actually go grocery shopping and stuff. anyone else picking redwood?

Has anyone who filled out stafford loan heard anything about your award amount yet?

I believe the letter we got in our Financial Aid packet said we will not hear anything until after April 15th or something...:rolleyes:

Has anyone who filled out stafford loan heard anything about your award amount yet?

Hey - I was wondering the same thing. My matriculation agreement says I need to send the "Criminal Background Check Authorization Form" to the Dept. of Student Services by March 23. I was going to send this separately. I'm confused though, because there are two background check forms: one from a detective agency and one from the school.

I think I'll call the admissions office today....

Hi - When did you get your midwestern.edu email address? thanks!

ceruleansky,
It works now. Thank you so much.

Hi - When did you get your midwestern.edu email address? thanks!

I received my email address about a month after I received the matriculation packet. Before the email letter, you might receive immunization instruction packet.

so...I need some help with the packet. how do we do the IL Pharm Tech thingy? They just give us a website, and I didn't really see an application online.

as for housing, I think I am putting Redwoods as my first choice...

so for fin. aid, we have to wait until april (as was mentioned in earlier threads)??

thanks guys

so...I need some help with the packet. how do we do the IL Pharm Tech thingy? They just give us a website, and I didn't really see an application online.

so for fin. aid, we have to wait until april (as was mentioned in earlier threads)??

thanks guys

http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/apply/Phrmtech.asp
Click Pharmacy Technician on the menu.

thanks guys

For financial aid, when you get your email address (I just got mine yesterday in the mail) and log in, there will be an email waiting for you about financial aid and the steps to take.... I think we need to apply now.

Apply now, however I was saying you will not hear anything til late April!

For financial aid, when you get your email address (I just got mine yesterday in the mail) and log in, there will be an email waiting for you about financial aid and the steps to take.... I think we need to apply now.

well just talked to university of maryland, my 1st choice, and they gave me a seat at the downtown baltimore campus. the offer was too good to decline.

4 years at baltimore = 48k.
4 years at midwestern = 13k+

good luck everyone :)