Midwester Chicago Woot!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vr6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a phone call and they told me i was accepted!

I went to the candidate visit in the beginning of Feb.

That was the best phone call i have ever gotten.

i can't put into words how it feels. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call today too about being accepted. I'm insanely relieved. I'd been checking my email about a thousand times a day - like a crazy person - and then they called today. no email.

THANK GOD THE WAIT IS OVER.

same no email what day did you have your candidate visit?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got an acceptance phone call this morning too! it's a great way to start a day! =) my mcv was on feb. 12.

now, i have to decide whether i want to go to mwu-ccp or creighton...

i was there feb 13th.

are you guys from that area or out of state?

i am from MD and will need to start looking for housing soon.

awwww damn. so no phone call means no acceptance i'm guessing. too bad cuz i was really hopin to get in this year too ...

i was there feb 13th.

Are you from MD? I am from Maryland too!! Nice to meet you!!

i was there feb 13th.

I live in Chicago but I grew up in a town close to Downers Grove.

Just got my call today too! Super stoked! But there's soo much to figure out, like bringing my car to midwest, housing, etc...

Just got my call today too! Super stoked! But there's soo much to figure out, like bringing my car to midwest, housing, etc...

You'll need a car. Nothing is in walking distance from campus.

yeah i gotta get that all worked out too i would really hate to live in the dorms i want my own kitchen, but they said its near impossible for a p1 to get into them :(

getting my car up would be a pain. its like a 16 hour drive from maryland to chicago.

btw i think we both bummed a car ride back that day back to the hamptons =D

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i gotta get that all worked out too i would really hate to live in the dorms i want my own kitchen, but they said its near impossible for a p1 to get into them :(

getting my car up would be a pain. its like a 16 hour drive from maryland to chicago.

btw i think we both bummed a car ride back that day back to the hamptons =D

hahaha- hey you!

what up?? ok maryland 16 hour drive- what about cali!?!? I'm gonna have to sell my car and buy one in chicago- hahaha- actually I have no idea about the logistics.

are you stoked? going?

hahaha- hey you!

what up?? ok maryland 16 hour drive- what about cali!?!? I'm gonna have to sell my car and buy one in chicago- hahaha- actually I have no idea about the logistics.

are you stoked? going?

oh yeah i've been drinking everyday since i heard.

now i just gotta decide to goto umd or to chicago. if i goto umd i am most likely gonna be at shady grove campus and not the main one and if thats the case i am going to chicago.

awwww damn. so no phone call means no acceptance i'm guessing. too bad cuz i was really hopin to get in this year too ...

hey man.. no worries.. keep hope alive

some people i know didn't get a phone call. they got an email.

hahaha- hey you!

are you stoked? going?

I guess I am not the only one who is worrying about buying a car. Are you guys gonna buy the car as soon as you get to school?

anyone get their information packet yet?

i been stalking my mailbox and nothing.

i plan on buying my car in MD and driving it up, it'll be a long boring drive =(

Nope... I haven't gotten my acceptance envelope yet either. For those that have gotten them from previous months, how long did it take to arrive? thanks! I'm also stalking my mailbox..... :)

I didn't get a packet either. But, I remember Wendy saying that they were preparing it and that it'll take a few weeks.

Did anyone's interact account change? Mine still says "application complete" under status...I think it's suppose to say admission accepted or something of that nature?

hey guys it takes atleast 3 weeks for the packet to come and about 3 weeks for ur account to change as well

I didn't get a packet either. But, I remember Wendy saying that they were preparing it and that it'll take a few weeks.

Did anyone's interact account change? Mine still says "application complete" under status...I think it's suppose to say admission accepted or something of that nature?

it will take a time for interact account change. about a week...

comet81 -
How long did it take to receive your admission packet? Once you received it, how much time did you have to send in your deposit?
thanks

does anyone know if midwestern is complete all the interview session. i submitted my application in november and havent heard a word from them either good or bad news. i ask the counselor woman on the Interact accound but she just keeps saying the applications are under review.

does anyone know if midwestern is complete all the interview session. i submitted my application in november and havent heard a word from them either good or bad news. i ask the counselor woman on the Interact accound but she just keeps saying the applications are under review.

I was at one of the February MCV's, and they told us that they will be holding them in March and April too. So - they aren't done yet. Also, their supplemental application deadline was just last week so I think you still have a chance.

They have rolling admissions, and I think it has a lot to do with your PCAT score. That's just my guess since your GPA is really good.

comet81 -
How long did it take to receive your admission packet? Once you received it, how much time did you have to send in your deposit?
thanks

My interview was on Dec.11th and received acceptance call on Dec. 15th so I received my packet about 13 days later. I had to pay my deposit by Jan 15th. Actually, I paid the deposit online. The packet would have your new ID and password that you need when you log into this site.
The reason I said it might take time at this time is that all processes has been so slow since mid-January. For example, after 1/15, I realized that my file said they still have not received my matriculation aggreement and technical standard sheet. So, I called the admission office. Then, the lady told me they were so busy with just taking care of all the application.
so, don't be panic. But, I still recommend you to call.

My interview was on Dec.11th and received acceptance call on Dec. 15th so I received my packet about 13 days later. I had to pay my deposit by Jan 15th. Actually, I paid the deposit online. The packet would have your new ID and password that you need when you log into this site.
The reason I said it might take time at this time is that all processes has been so slow since mid-January. For example, after 1/15, I realized that my file said they still have not received my matriculation aggreement and technical standard sheet. So, I called the admission office. Then, the lady told me they were so busy with just taking care of all the application.
so, don't be panic. But, I still recommend you to call.

Thanks for the info comet! :D I just received my acceptance phone call last Thursday, so maybe I still have a week or two to wait for my packet. I'm just so anxious - and very excited. It seems like if I'm not anxiously waiting to hear if I'm accepted, then I'm stalking my mailbox for my acceptance packet. I guess this whole process is helping to teach me a bit of patience.... but I want that packet now! lol

Thanks for the info comet! :D I just received my acceptance phone call last Thursday, so maybe I still have a week or two to wait for my packet. I'm just so anxious - and very excited. It seems like if I'm not anxiously waiting to hear if I'm accepted, then I'm stalking my mailbox for my acceptance packet. I guess this whole process is helping to teach me a bit of patience.... but I want that packet now! lol

i know exactly how you feel, i don't like being teased with the phone call and not getting the good stuff in the mail lol

lol...its all good people! we 're in and thats all that matters- don't stalk your mailbox until for another 10 days or so! hehehe....as for cars, everyone says that the snow makes your car not last as long. is that true for you people from eastcoast/midwest? I have no clue! But I am just gonna buy my car when I get to Illinois, and say bye bye to my car at home = (

So is anybody gonna start a blog or facebook group or something so we can meet all our future class of 2011 classmates??

= )

I am from Minnesota so I am used to the salt ware and tare on my car!! Just a FYI, a group has been started on Facebook for all of the Class of 2011!!!! However, there is only 3 of us so far; so if you are on facebook JOIN US!!! Just search " CCP Class of 2011 " It will definately be great to meet others and converse before August comes around!!!

PS- Has anyone who applied for Fin Aid received an Award Letter yet??

lol...its all good people! we 're in and thats all that matters- don't stalk your mailbox until for another 10 days or so! hehehe....as for cars, everyone says that the snow makes your car not last as long. is that true for you people from eastcoast/midwest? I have no clue! But I am just gonna buy my car when I get to Illinois, and say bye bye to my car at home = (

So is anybody gonna start a blog or facebook group or something so we can meet all our future class of 2011 classmates??

= )

PS- Has anyone who applied for Fin Aid received an Award Letter yet??

You won't hear about financial aid until at least after the deadline....and more likely not until the summer. Don't worry though, they generally give all students the full amount (~31000).

Only $31,000??? Is it going to be enough since tuition is like $25,000 already.

Where are you living-when shool starts? I found this great apt community 2 mins from school and they have full kitchens-great price...I think the 1 bed studios are at $769 right now-they really cater to Midwestern Students-
I rented there at Versailles.

Only $31,000??? Is it going to be enough since tuition is like $25,000 already.

I don't think thats enought. i think its 40k-ish for those of us that are dorming.

btw i can't find that facebook group, maybe you should change the name of the group to something easier to find like "Accepted:Midwestern CCP 2011" and make sure is global?

Where are you living-when shool starts? I found this great apt community 2 mins from school and they have full kitchens-great price...I think the 1 bed studios are at $769 right now-they really cater to Midwestern Students-
I rented there at Versailles.

got a website?

I rented there at Versailles. Call Marissa 630.627.8890

I rented there at Versailles. you should Call Marissa 630.627.8890 to find a apt close to campus!

$769?? OMG..I'm paying like $300 right now. But then again I am not in Chicago

I can't find the facebook website either...can you send a link? we can only search people on facebook...groups are hard to find.

thanks! = )

I don't think thats enought. i think its 40k-ish for those of us that are dorming.
QUOTE]

I've dormed and never had a problem with needing to borrow extra money. In fact I have gotten refund checks in the past.

for those who were at the FEB 12 MCV, just wanted to let you guys know that the committee met again on March 5th and decisions were made.....i finally built up the courage to call and found out......so dont loose hope!!!!!!.....ps. my interact now account has NEVER CHANGED....i dont think that thing even works....but whatever its a moot point know...good luck to all....

for those who were at the FEB 12 MCV, just wanted to let you guys know that the committee met again on March 5th and decisions were made.....i finally built up the courage to call and found out......so dont loose hope!!!!!!.....ps. my interact now account has NEVER CHANGED....i dont think that thing even works....but whatever its a moot point know...good luck to all....

Were you on the waitlist before? Do you know if they have accepted people off the waitlist?

Were you on the waitlist before? Do you know if they have accepted people off the waitlist?

sorry i dont know....i never recieved any communication since my mcv, so i assume i was never on any waiting list....good luck...