Midwestern- CCO interview in a week need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Probablystudying

Reaction score
what is the interview like and how do I prepare for MMI? Any advice would be great. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. The interview is not MMI anymore. Its just a closed file interview for 15 minutes with two faculty members which is very laid back. They just ask why optometry and why our school. The rest just leads to a conversation. They also ask if you think your gpa and oat is the best represtation of you as a student. It was honestly nothing to worry about. I’m attending the school this year so if you have any other questions lmk!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed there in December. Like hbk4321 said, it's a 15 minute closed file interview with two faculty members (they have a timer set for 14 minutes). It's supposed to be one of the shortest interviews compared to other schools. They asked what would be considered typical interview questions. Why optometry? Why CCO? I don't remember much from the interview itself, but mine lasted 30 minutes because I ended up vibing with the professors and the interview became very conversational. Depending on what wave you're in, you'll either interview first or receive a tour of the building first. From there, they had students show us around campus, before we had lunch. We ended the day with a tour of the clinic, which is a bit further away. I heard back from CCO the very next morning. To prepare, I recommend that you look over questions that students have submitted about their interview day for CCO on here. I would not be stressed about the interview, since the default interview time is very short. Even 30 minute interviews felt like there wasn't enough time to talk about all of my strengths.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed there in December. Like hbk4321 said, it's a 15 minute closed file interview with two faculty members (they have a timer set for 14 minutes). It's supposed to be one of the shortest interviews compared to other schools. They asked what would be considered typical interview questions. Why optometry? Why CCO? I don't remember much from the interview itself, but mine lasted 30 minutes because I ended up vibing with the professors and the interview became very conversational. Depending on what wave you're in, you'll either interview first or receive a tour of the building first. From there, they had students show us around campus, before we had lunch. We ended the day with a tour of the clinic, which is a bit further away. I heard back from CCO the very next morning. To prepare, I recommend that you look over questions that students have submitted about their interview day for CCO on here. I would not be stressed about the interview, since the default interview time is very short. Even 30 minute interviews felt like there wasn't enough time to talk about all of my strengths.

What did you say when they asked you why CCO?

What did you say when they asked you why CCO?

I don't remember exactly what I said, but I did my research beforehand about the school and brought up a couple of points. CCO's part of Midwestern University. They offer a interprofessional education. CCO is located in a suburb of Chicago with a diverse patient base at their clinic. I also brought up how I had interviewed at their Arizona school too and that the program over there brings consistently good results on the boards, which will likely happen over at CCO too.