Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lunesta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Midwestern University - Chicago College of Pharmacy

Noticed there wasn't a thread yet, so figured I'd start one for you guys. :)
Good luck to everyone applying!

I'm a PS-1, so not too long ago I was in your shoes.
Feel free to ask questions, post stats, whatever! I'll try to answer everything to the best of my ability.

Again, good luck!

Some resource for you guys:
Last year's thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-c-o-2018.1012465/
Class of 2017 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-c-o-2017.947581/
Class of 2016 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-c-o-2016.849602/
Class of 2015 thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/midwestern-ccp-il-c-o-2015.763981/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
just got the invitation! only one possible interview date at 10/1

i thought they require supplemental application but email doesnt say anything

Weird, there was a supplemental app last year and in previous years. When I tried to find that information on MWU's website, I couldn't find any information about one either. I'd say you're in the clear if you already got your interview invite. :) I didn't get mine until my supplemental was done and submitted. Congrats!

Edit: In your portal under the admissions menu, pre-accepted is there a supplemental application link? There's one on mine but that just could be because they required it then and you wouldn't have one if they got rid if it this year... But it's a link right above the interview scheduling link for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird, there was a supplemental app last year and in previous years. When I tried to find that information on MWU's website, I couldn't find any information about one either. I'd say you're in the clear if you already got your interview invite. :) I didn't get mine until my supplemental was done and submitted. Congrats!

Edit: In your portal under the admissions menu, pre-accepted is there a supplemental application link? There's one on mine but that just could be because they required it then and you wouldn't have one if they got rid if it this year... But it's a link right above the interview scheduling link for me.

I guess no supplemental application then! I checked supplement application link, nothing's there.
I was confused because i thought MWU CCP doesnt require supplemental according to pharmcas.
But when i talked to admission's office person, he/she told me there is one.
I guess it changed :p
thanks!

I am a PS-1 as well at MWU! Any questions message me and GOOD LUCK!

I am a PS-1 as well at MWU! Any questions message me and GOOD LUCK!
Hey! do they accept summer 2015 course? I haven't taken calc yet & planning on taking it in spring 2015 but I am worried about what would happen if I get c-

I'm pretty sure they do accept summer before matriculating courses. :)

Reactions: 1 user
any body else heard about an interview ?

Hey guys! Small update- here is a list of some upcoming interview dates. (Not including the first date of Oct 1)

Friday, October 10, 2014
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Friday, November 7, 2014
Friday, December 5, 2014
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Friday, December 12, 2014
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Friday, January 9, 2015
Friday, January 23, 2015
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Friday, February 13, 2015
Friday, February 20, 2015
Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Good luck!

I have received interview emails from all the schools I applied except midwestern ccp .I don't know when they are going to make interview calls. Any idea????

check online.midwestern.edu
if you havent, maybe create an account and check your portal

For midwestern glendale, they have not send me anything. But i checked portal after i saw one person got interview invitation on sdn, so i checked my portal and it tells me to set up an interview date. I checked spam and everywhere, but have not gotten anything. I am so glad i checked the portal haha

Midwestern CCP sent me e-mail though, but you should always check their portal.

check online.midwestern.edu
if you havent, maybe create an account and check your portal

For midwestern glendale, they have not send me anything. But i checked portal after i saw one person got interview invitation on sdn, so i checked my portal and it tells me to set up an interview date. I checked spam and everywhere, but have not gotten anything. I am so glad i checked the portal haha

Midwestern CCP sent me e-mail though, but you should always check their portal.
I created one on August 24 & my file was completed on 26. But No progress uptil now:-(

Members don't see this ad :)
I created one on August 24 & my file was completed on 26. But No progress uptil now:-(
stay positive! they have many interview dates coming up!

The committee to review apps maybe hasn't met in a while? But trust me, there's lots of time! Last year, I was invited for an interview on 9/11 for the first interview date of 10/18. So they're definitely doing things a little earlier this year than last. :)

I withdrew my interview, good luck guys!

got an invite yesterday for 11/5! im flying from CA --> IL. whats the closest airport to the school. I saw on the email that there are suggested hotels to stay at which would you recommend?it also says they have shuttles that will take me to the school... Can anyone provide me w/some advice??thanks!

got an invite yesterday for 11/5! im flying from CA --> IL. whats the closest airport to the school. I saw on the email that there are suggested hotels to stay at which would you recommend?it also says they have shuttles that will take me to the school... Can anyone provide me w/some advice??thanks!
The two airports are O'hare and Midway. I would say they're about equal distance from school (give or take a little).
There are quite a number of hotels around the area so you are not limited to the list of suggested hotels, but I would call the hotels before booking to make sure they do offer a shuttle (not all hotels offer it).

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or need any clarification!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Butterfield Rd. They gave us a discount for visiting Midwestern, and they did offer a shuttle too (though I drove here so I didn't use it). They were nice, and gave me a little "welcome" bag with cookies and small snacks, lol.

The two airports are O'hare and Midway. I would say they're about equal distance from school (give or take a little).
There are quite a number of hotels around the area so you are not limited to the list of suggested hotels, but I would call the hotels before booking to make sure they do offer a shuttle (not all hotels offer it).

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or need any clarification!

thanks for the advice. this might be a stupid question but...is there a place where I can store my belongings (small duffle bag) on campus during the interview. or would it look weird if im carrying my stuff around during the interview? my hotel checkout is at 12pm and the email says the interview ends at 1pm. i dont want to pay another night for hotel.

thanks for the advice. this might be a stupid question but...is there a place where I can store my belongings (small duffle bag) on campus during the interview. or would it look weird if im carrying my stuff around during the interview? my hotel checkout is at 12pm and the email says the interview ends at 1pm. i dont want to pay another night for hotel.

That is not a stupid question, many interviewees have asked that question before! I am almost certain that the school does in fact hold your luggage for you during the interview. Also, if you are staying at a hotel that offers shuttle service, I would ask to leave the luggage there during the interview. Most hotels have a small storage area for your luggage if you have to check out earlier than you intended to leave.

I stayed at the Hyatt Place and I know they also offer a discount and shuttle service.

Hi everyone, Can u show me where can I find those interview feedbacks for this school( midwestern CCP)?
Thanks.

I had my interview today they'll actually hold your luggage for you the school. Also, the clubhouse inn is where I stayed so many people got stuck in traffic I was 10mins away so even with traffic I got there in time leaving at 8 getting there 8:20ish. You'll want to stay close as possible. Take a cab for transportation.

Im nervous they said 4 to 6 weeks to us all for letting us know. But, strange enough PharmCAS says within 2 weeks acceptance letters go out. I really liked it there and want to go.

Reactions: 1 users
Im nervous they said 4 to 6 weeks to us all for letting us know. But, strange enough PharmCAS says within 2 weeks acceptance letters go out. I really liked it there and want to go.
just be patient and youll be fine.

I had my interview on Oct. 18th last year, and they said it'd be 2-4 weeks and we heard back 5 days later. Granted, I was at the first interview so things might be a little delayed for you, but I don't think it'll take them that long. :) patience!

I had my interview on Oct. 18th last year, and they said it'd be 2-4 weeks and we heard back 5 days later. Granted, I was at the first interview so things might be a little delayed for you, but I don't think it'll take them that long. :) patience!

Aww thanks Lunesta :) yeah i was reading how most ppl heard back really quick. But it depends on the committee meeting doesnt it? Like when they meet and decide...There was interview date of Oct 1st then this one the Oct 10 one which i was part of. I feel like i did good overall, but i'm still like wow there was lots of people to compete with people with bachelor degrees lol

Aww thanks Lunesta :) yeah i was reading how most ppl heard back really quick. But it depends on the committee meeting doesnt it? Like when they meet and decide...There was interview date of Oct 1st then this one the Oct 10 one which i was part of. I feel like i did good overall, but i'm still like wow there was lots of people to compete with people with bachelor degrees lol

Some will definitely hear back within a few days while others will hear back later. Just have patience! It definitely is dependent on the committee. I'm sure you're fine :)

Also, one thing I do suggest is to check your portal once in a while. I had an issue with receiving email from the school, and didn't receive any updates until I checked my portal!

Also, one thing I do suggest is to check your portal once in a while. I had an issue with receiving email from the school, and didn't receive any updates until I checked my portal!

I have been checking my portal. Thanks for the tips. I have a question who did you write your thank you letter to? like who did you address it to? And do you remember the name of the person who led your interview day? I believe the one we had was Michael, but i cannot remember his name for the life of me -__- So i'm wondering if it was the same person last year too.

I have been checking my portal. Thanks for the tips. I have a question who did you write your thank you letter to? like who did you address it to? And do you remember the name of the person who led your interview day? I believe the one we had was Michael, but i cannot remember his name for the life of me -__- So i'm wondering if it was the same person last year too.

To be honest, I did not write a thank you letter to my interviewer. However, if you still would like to write one, I would address the letter to your interviewer, but place it in an envelope mailed to the admissions office. They are more than welcome to pass your letter over to them.
During my interview there were 6 different groups with 2 professors to each group... I definitely do not remember who were present during interviews. I'm sorry I couldn't help you there!!

But here's a link with a list of the faculty, maybe you can find his picture here with his name: https://online.midwestern.edu/publi...aff=PH&fac_staff=F&btn_main_search=1&search=0

To be honest, I did not write a thank you letter to my interviewer. However, if you still would like to write one, I would address the letter to your interviewer, but place it in an envelope mailed to the admissions office. They are more than welcome to pass your letter over to them.
During my interview there were 6 different groups with 2 professors to each group... I definitely do not remember who were present during interviews. I'm sorry I couldn't help you there!!

But here's a link with a list of the faculty, maybe you can find his picture here with his name: https://online.midwestern.edu/publi...aff=PH&fac_staff=F&btn_main_search=1&search=0

I had two interviewers...i was gonna just send a general thank you for inviting me kind of thing to the office of admissions. My friend said its better chance of acceptance if you do...i don't know if i feel like thats true. Are you a MWU Pharmacy student at the moment? Sorry can't recall.

I had two interviewers...i was gonna just send a general thank you for inviting me kind of thing to the office of admissions. My friend said its better chance of acceptance if you do...i don't know if i feel like thats true. Are you a MWU Pharmacy student at the moment? Sorry can't recall.

You could definitely try sending a letter, it can improve your chances of standing out by letting them remember your name - wouldn't hurt at all.
Also, I am a student! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, or personally message me :) I'm here to help!

Last edited:
I also did not write a thank you letter, but definitely thought about it lol. Check the papers you got at your interview! They should have given you a paper with a list of all the group numbers, along with the interviewers for sections of groups! That's how I got my interviewers names. Hopefully they gave you guys a paper like that... We got one last year. Hope that helps ya. :)

I also did not write a thank you letter, but definitely thought about it lol. Check the papers you got at your interview! They should have given you a paper with a list of all the group numbers, along with the interviewers for sections of groups! That's how I got my interviewers names. Hopefully they gave you guys a paper like that... We got one last year. Hope that helps ya. :)

They gave us like a list of our interviewers based on our group #, but they did not however give us a list of the people who were involved in our "interview day". I'm debating whether I should write one or not, I just don't have the time. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking like what did you have when you applied. I have a 3.52 cumulative from my school (i retook few classes they were not repeats they were like C+'s i took to get higher grades to get it excluded from my GPA) and a 72 Composite PCAT ( my main scores were 89 in bio 85 in Chem 55 in Math) and tons of extracurriculars and Pharmacy experience I believe my interview went very well except for the fact i gave the same answer to one of the questions that another person said, but i put my own view on it so it wasn't all the same. PharmCas calculated me a 3.32 for my science and math gpa as well as my cumulative.

You could definitely try sending a letter, it can improve your chances of standing out by letting them remember your name - wouldn't hurt at all.
Also, I am a student! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, or personally message me :) I'm here to help!

Aww thanks :) Take a look at my reply to Lunesta about GPA's and about the letter. I feel like i'll be okay, but theres some people interviewing with bachelors degrees made me nervous. But, some of their answers in the interview were like screaming red sirens in my head lol one girls reason for wanting to goto MWU was because its close to her house....that was like her main reason. The other girl and I spoke about how we knew people who graduated and were impressed by their skills and etc.

SCRATCH EVERYTHING!!! i just got ACCEPTED YAYYYYYY MY FIRST ACCEPTANCEEEE Its my second choice school, but what the heck i got in.

Just got accepted!!!!:)

Last edited:
interviewed on the oct 10th and got accepted yesterday morning!

I am already accepted to two schools, But I have not even received an invitation from midwestern. I have 3.8 pharmcas Calculated GPA, 3.8 science and 3.8 non science. My application here processed on august 26th I guess.
Any comments?