Midwestern CCP, IL c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you don't mind me asking, why Rosalind Franklin and not Midwestern? I was accepted at Rosalind Franklin too and I'm on the waitlist at Midwestern....going to Midwestern would save me a lot of money because I have a place to stay :-/

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, is there a thread for the class of 2015? It'd be cool to somewhat know a few classmates before orientation :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering for the accepted students, what laptop did you guys choose? I'm a hardcore PC person, but I figured that maybe this is the time to at least tryout Mac.

What else did everyone else choose? Thanks!

@ chicagopharma: I was curious if there was one on here, I don't have a facebook. That may change after the move to Illinois tho.

@ DSS65: I chose the macbook pro. I had a pc my entire life until last year when I got my iMac and I love it.

PharmDream 16, addcom recently sent an email stating they were now looking at students on the alternate list.

Hope it all works out for the best! :thumbup:

Let me know if you get in

Hi guys, this might be a silly question, but I'll ask it anyways. I am coming from out of state and wanted to know what phones and what carriers do you guys use at the school? Is T-mobile the typical carrier? What apps are also commonly used? Any input would be appreciated? Thanks.

@ chicagopharma: I was curious if there was one on here, I don't have a facebook. That may change after the move to Illinois tho.

@ DSS65: I chose the macbook pro. I had a pc my entire life until last year when I got my iMac and I love it.

This would be the group if there was one on SDN. There is a lot of discussion going on on the FB group. I suggest you join if you want to get into contact with some of your new classmates.

Hi guys, this might be a silly question, but I'll ask it anyways. I am coming from out of state and wanted to know what phones and what carriers do you guys use at the school? Is T-mobile the typical carrier? What apps are also commonly used? Any input would be appreciated? Thanks.

T-mobile is popular for its low rates. I haven't heard anyone complain about service with their providers here on campus. A lot of people here have smart phones. A big benefit to having a smart phone is the ability to access calenders for all your classes, events, etc. Also applications on smart phones like micromedex, epocrates and lexicomp are sometimes helpful when you are interested in getting details on particular drugs you will go over in class. It's kind of a nice luxury to have that kind of access.

About the calendar, for my class I created a calendar on gmail with all our classes, tests and major events (basically everything that is on your block schedule). Using google calendar I was able to share my calendar with about 30 other students so it automatically syncs with their phones. It's nice so other people don't have to go through the tedious task of entering in everything. You might be fortunate enough to have someone in your class like me create a calendar for you too =).

Congrats everyone on your acceptances!

Does anyone know of the best places to live somewhat close to campus? I need a two bedroom and would rather rent a house or condo but am still considering an apartment.

i'm in the exact same boat. let me know if you find something :)

Midwestern is very easy to get into. I know a couple people with 2.5 undergraduate GPAs who scored in the middle percentile and were accepted. Most pharmacy schools are competitive to get in to, Midwestern is not like that. So don't be worried about getting accepted.

Anyone from the May 11 interview have their agenda sheet?
I'm trying to find the name of the other lady who interviewed my group #1. I had Damienne Souter and another woman.

If anyone has that name, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you in advanced.

Just declined my acceptance to MWU. Got into school at home!

Great school, great city, great clinical opportunities. The cost was overwhelming just thinking about though haha.

Anyways....good luck just giving a heads up to those on waiting list to not lose hope!

i know you said it was really easy to get into Midwestern but does this apply to waitlisted people as well? I interviewed on February 18th and got put on the waitlist in March. I still have not heard anything....what are your thoughts??

i know you said it was really easy to get into Midwestern but does this apply to waitlisted people as well? I interviewed on February 18th and got put on the waitlist in March. I still have not heard anything....what are your thoughts??

I'm a fourth year at MWU, so I'm a bit removed from the whole application process, but I'd be willing to bet that your chances of getting in are extremely high. Realize that MWU is not a cheap school and people get pulled from their state school wait-lists all the time (especially over the summer) which opens up seats for people like you. I know a bunch of people who weren't accepted in to the program until the day before orientation (which is in late August, I think), so if you interviewed in February and your stats/EC's aren't awful, I'd expect a congratulatory phone call from MWU in the near future. Good luck :thumbup:

I JUST got the phone call from admissions that if I'm accepted and if I'm still considering! Keep your hopes up guys they're definitely going through the list.

Class of 2015, anyone still need a roommate? I want to live close to campus, but it will be cheaper to find a roomy.