Midwestern CCP, IL c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThetaRx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interviewing on 9/29/10????

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm interviewing on 10/6
Is anyone interviewing that day?

Members don't see this ad :)
My PharmCAS was just sent (finally!) today... stupid labor day. So I will be filling out the supplemental tomorrow.

oops, i meant the 29th. That's what i get for not looking at my calendar.
I'm coming from california!

I might interview on October 8th. I have a lab exam the day before, and I have to fly in from California. Did anyone else receive an interview invitation the day after they sent in their supplemental? That was a really fast response time by the school.

Wow, Midwestern CCP already sent out invitation for interview...? :eek:

This is one of my school for this cycle and I have not even submitted my application. Still have to wait for the LoRs and August PCAT's score.

Is there anyone here who are offered an interview but have not had the PCAT and LoRs in yet? :rolleyes:

Also, how is the supplemental application? What is it about and does it take long time to finish?

Thank you and I really hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

Wow, Midwestern CCP already sent out invitation for interview...? :eek:

This is one of my school for this cycle and I have not even submitted my application. Still have to wait for the LoRs and August PCAT's score.

Is there anyone here who are offered an interview but have not had the PCAT and LoRs in yet? :rolleyes:

Also, how is the supplemental application? What is it about and does it take long time to finish?

Thank you and I really hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

I had both my supplemental and my letters of rec in before the interview invite so I can't help you there.

The supplemental asked us to define professionalism in our own words and I believe there was one other question that is escaping my mind right now and I'm on my phone so can't check. Other then that it was just the usual filling in pre-req chart.

Everyone who's flying in. Where are you guys staying? Ah I'm nervous already, not sure how the group interview aspect is going to be.

When did you submit your supplemental application if you don't mind me asking. I've been sitting on mine for a little bit now, but I'm going to finish it in the next day or two since they are already sending out interview invites. Need to get me one of those.

I sent in my supplemental at almost midnight yesterday. They sent me an invite this morning.

I'm so jealous! I'm still waiting for PharmCAS to send out my applications! It feels like it is taking forever. I wish that I could do the supplemental for Midwestern right now. For those of you who have done it already, is the application online, and do you submit it online also? Thanks. Good luck to everyone at their interviews. :)

I'm so jealous! I'm still waiting for PharmCAS to send out my applications! It feels like it is taking forever. I wish that I could do the supplemental for Midwestern right now. For those of you who have done it already, is the application online, and do you submit it online also? Thanks. Good luck to everyone at their interviews. :)

Yes, the supplemental is submitted online.

Here are the supplemental questions:

1. Other than formal coursework, how have your experiences (e.g., extra-curricular activities, volunteer experiences, work, pharmacy technician certification programs, etc.) prepared you for pharmacy school? If you are reapplying to pharmacy school, what steps have you taken to strengthen your application? (1500 characters)

2. In your own opinion, describe the concept of professionalism. (1500 characters)

The rest are some yes and no questions and they ask you to fill out the prerequisite courses that you have taken.

Members don't see this ad :)

1. Other than formal coursework, how have your experiences (e.g., extra-curricular activities, volunteer experiences, work, pharmacy technician certification programs, etc.) prepared you for pharmacy school? If you are reapplying to pharmacy school, what steps have you taken to strengthen your application? (1500 characters)

2. In your own opinion, describe the concept of professionalism. (1500 characters)

The rest are some yes and no questions and they ask you to fill out the prerequisite courses that you have taken.

You are awesome! Thank you! :thumbup: Good luck with your interview.

I had both my supplemental and my letters of rec in before the interview invite so I can't help you there.

The supplemental asked us to define professionalism in our own words and I believe there was one other question that is escaping my mind right now and I'm on my phone so can't check. Other then that it was just the usual filling in pre-req chart.

Everyone who's flying in. Where are you guys staying? Ah I'm nervous already, not sure how the group interview aspect is going to be.
I am not sure yet. Iam still trying to check out the flight info. and hotel accommodation. I was looking at a hotel that offers free shuttle rides to the school. Please any input will be appreciated.

I interviewed there last year. I stayed at the Comfort Inn. Not fancy, but not bad. It was cheap. Let them know that you are there for an interview for Midwestern, they will give you a discount. There were 2 other guys who stayed there too, we all took the free shuttle there and they picked us up after. Pretty convenient. I remember meeting people who were staying at the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn that I believe had free shuttles and discounts too... but I think the Comfort Inn was the cheapest (at least it was last year).

Has anyone received an interview invite without the school having your PCAT scores first?

I took it in August so I'm still waiting for those to be reported.

I interviewed there last year. I stayed at the Comfort Inn. Not fancy, but not bad. It was cheap. Let them know that you are there for an interview for Midwestern, they will give you a discount. There were 2 other guys who stayed there too, we all took the free shuttle there and they picked us up after. Pretty convenient. I remember meeting people who were staying at the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn that I believe had free shuttles and discounts too... but I think the Comfort Inn was the cheapest (at least it was last year).
Great! I will check that out thanks.

Hi there, I'm just going to copy and paste what I posted in last year's Midwestern thread:

I feel that MWU is very grade-oriented as far as acceptance goes. I applied very late (second to last interview date) which is a very bad idea, especially for schools that go by rolling admissions.

Anywho, in my interview group, I was with some rather amazing applicants. There were people who have worked in the hospital for years, there was a guy who worked in the ER and aided in resuscitating a guy, a girl who wento to a foreign country for a half a year to help in immunizations, etc etc.. My retail experiences were pale in comparison. At the end of the interview, we kept in touch and I later learned hat they did not get accepted because their GPA and PCAT were not that high. I do, however, believe that if they had applied earlier, they would have gotten in.

Another reason why I feel the school looks highly into grades is the fact that have group interviews. I do not think a half-hour interview with 6 other individuals allows the interviewers to gauge applicants adequately. But with grades, it allows a quick way to rank students accordingly
If I remember correctly, my on-site essay was a situational one. Imagine you are a pharmacist and you just received a prescription from a patient. After inspection, you see that there will be a severe drug interaction with the patient's other medications. You call to notify the doctor but the doctor informs you to dispense as written. What do you do?

Out of the schools I applied to, it was the only on-site essay I had to write but it was definitely an interesting one :D

Midwestern is a pretty good school, but I would rather have an interview later than earlier. I interviewed with Midwestern in about March, and it was great because when I received my acceptance, I also had an acceptance from another school that was higher on my list. For those who have Midwestern as their second or third choice, I'd recommend having those interviews after those schools which were higher in your list. The reason for this is that Midwestern gives you 3 weeks from the date of acceptance to put down the non-refundable 1000 dollar deposit. Plan your interviews carefully so you can decrease the cost you spend on traveling and on "deposits" for some of these schools. Apply to those schools you really want to get into early.

I feel that MWU is very grade-oriented as far as acceptance goes. I applied very late (second to last interview date) which is a very bad idea, especially for schools that go by rolling admissions.

Anywho, in my interview group, I was with some rather amazing applicants. There were people who have worked in the hospital for years, there was a guy who worked in the ER and aided in resuscitating a guy, a girl who wento to a foreign country for a half a year to help in immunizations, etc etc.. My retail experiences were pale in comparison. At the end of the interview, we kept in touch and I later learned hat they did not get accepted because their GPA and PCAT were not that high. I do, however, believe that if they had applied earlier, they would have gotten in.

Another reason why I feel the school looks highly into grades is the fact that have group interviews. I do not think a half-hour interview with 6 other individuals allows the interviewers to gauge applicants adequately. But with grades, it allows a quick way to rank students accordingly

Really? Why would they waste the candidates' time if, at the end of the day, they're just going to pick who has the higher grades? If I was offered an interview, I'd be pretty upset spending the time and money to go up there only to be rejected bc of a GPA that they knew about before offering me the interview.

Only 30 minutes for 6 people though... wow, no wonder they eventually go by the stats.

Midwestern is a pretty good school, but I would rather have an interview later than earlier. I interviewed with Midwestern in about March, and it was great because when I received my acceptance, I also had an acceptance from another school that was higher on my list. For those who have Midwestern as their second or third choice, I'd recommend having those interviews after those schools which were higher in your list. The reason for this is that Midwestern gives you 3 weeks from the date of acceptance to put down the non-refundable 1000 dollar deposit. Plan your interviews carefully so you can decrease the cost you spend on traveling and on "deposits" for some of these schools. Apply to those schools you really want to get into early.

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this way. I'll wait to see what happens with other schools before sending midwestern my supplemental. They're ranked pretty low on my list too, so if all goes well i won't have to interview there.

Hey guys!!!

For the people who are interviewing at Midwestern at Downer Grove next wednesday, I was wondering how are you guys getting from the airport to the hotel?

The airports in chicago are kinda far from downer grove, so I was wondering what kind of transportation are you guys taking? For the people who already interviewed there, could you guys please share your experience?

Thanks so much!!!

hiya there. i'm from chicago and interviewed at midwestern last year. i didn't have a car so i took the metra from chicago to downers grove; then i took a PACE bus to midwestern university. the walk from the bus to the uni is approximately half a mile

if you want more specifics, let me know. i think the total cost going back and forth was less than $15

hiya there. i'm from chicago and interviewed at midwestern last year. i didn't have a car so i took the metra from chicago to downers grove; then i took a PACE bus to midwestern university. the walk from the bus to the uni is approximately half a mile

if you want more specifics, let me know. i think the total cost going back and forth was less than $15

I believe one of the mod's mistakingly merged the Downer's Grove thread into the Glendale thread...oops.

hey!!!
thanks for your previous reply, but Im getting there around 11 o'clock at night...
I know that the cab from the airport is expensive, but is there any cab that is cheaper (a flat rate) that would take me to downers grove?

By the way, how was the interview? stressful? Never had a group interview before

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

hey!!!
thanks for your previous reply, but Im getting there around 11 o'clock at night...
I know that the cab from the airport is expensive, but is there any cab that is cheaper (a flat rate) that would take me to downers grove?

By the way, how was the interview? stressful? Never had a group interview before

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

I'm also getting there around 11 at night on wednesday. I was thinking of looking into the super shuttle. Im not sure yet tho. Let me know if you come up with any good ideas. I need to get on figuring out how im going to the hotel and also what hotel im actually staying at. Wow im really behind. Are you taking your stuff to the campus?

does Midwestern accept AP credit? more specifically for English? I can't seem to find this info anywhere on their website

I've actually been here since the weekend and staying a whole week with a friend on campus, so i'm pretty fortunate that I dont have to worry about hotels and transportations. I can't wait to meet you guys though!! Ask me if you need anythingg!

does Midwestern accept AP credit? more specifically for English? I can't seem to find this info anywhere on their website

They accept AP credits if the institution you went to accepted them. And if the credit you got at your school satisfies Midwestern's requirements, then yes, Midwestern will accept your AP credit.

If it's confusing, I am sure someone else can elaborate better

How much time do they give you to prepare for your interview?
This means how many days/weeks do they send you the invitation prior to the interview day?
Thanks!

I got my interview invitation on Sept 15th. This was the day after I submitted my supplemental, I was surprised at the speed! Haha.

They offered me Sept 29th and Oct 8th, so about 2-3 weeks? They do say that if you can't make it to them, you can wait until more dates are available. I can't make it to either so I need to wait :( But yeah, they give you decent time to prepare.

I got my interview invitation on Sept 15th. This was the day after I submitted my supplemental, I was surprised at the speed! Haha.

They offered me Sept 29th and Oct 8th, so about 2-3 weeks? They do say that if you can't make it to them, you can wait until more dates are available. I can't make it to either so I need to wait :( But yeah, they give you decent time to prepare.

Thank you!
And wow @ the speedy invitation.
I guess they are going to make the decision and look at your whole thing (pharmcas,supplement,pcat,interview) when all of them are done.
Good luck to you! :)

okay thanks! My school did accept the AP credit :) I'm assuming I don't have to send in the AP scores...

I'm also getting there around 11 at night on wednesday. I was thinking of looking into the super shuttle. Im not sure yet tho. Let me know if you come up with any good ideas. I need to get on figuring out how im going to the hotel and also what hotel im actually staying at. Wow im really behind. Are you taking your stuff to the campus?
I called the American Taxi company and they said to call them when you get to the airport after you've picked up your luggage and they'll have a taxi pick you up in 5-15 minutes. And it'll cost $35.

I was wondering if the the 1500 characters are with or without spaces. I am going to end up submitting my pharmcas application by Thursday at the latest, so while I wait for my gpa to be calculated I will be working on both of these questions

I was wondering if the the 1500 characters are with or without spaces. I am going to end up submitting my pharmcas application by Thursday at the latest, so while I wait for my gpa to be calculated I will be working on both of these questions

With spaces - I think most apps count characters with spaces.

I called the American Taxi company and they said to call them when you get to the airport after you've picked up your luggage and they'll have a taxi pick you up in 5-15 minutes. And it'll cost $35.

i was actually planning on calling them in the morning after my micro midterm. thanks for the info though at least i know the cost and the logistics.

How did everyone's interview go yesterday, the 29th?

It went well, not as stressful as I thought it would be... I was in a nice & courteous group where we all took turns like adults. They asked me everything I expected, those who still haven't interviewed, don't stress.

But I'll tell you how it really went in 4-6 weeks! :)

But I'll tell you how it really went in 4-6 weeks! :)

That long??? Wow...:eek:

I was wondering if this school will consider your Fall grades? I mean if you've done everything, will they go ahead and decide without waiting to look at your Fall grades? (Given that your pre-requisite won't be done completely until Spring 2011.)

Thanks.

was there a dress code for the group interview? I'm assuming everyone is in suits and looking as professional as possible. Is the weather cold right now?

I think the school is waiting for my august pcat score before making a decision. the wait is long :sleep:

was there a dress code for the group interview? I'm assuming everyone is in suits and looking as professional as possible. Is the weather cold right now?

I think the school is waiting for my august pcat score before making a decision. the wait is long :sleep:
1 girl wore a lime green trenchcoat, 1 other wore a sweater, and 1 wore a sundress. everyone else wore suits. we had really good weather when we went, in the mid 70's i believe, with a slight breeze.

good luck!!

There is an implied dress code... I would recommend that you wear a suit or else you'll really stand out... that's cool if that's what you want. :)
But I blended in with the 30ish people that wore suits that day.

Wednesday was the warmest day of that week! We lucked out with that amazing weather!

Hi,
I was wondering if this school requires "Microbiology" for the pre-requisite?
I don't see it in the list from PharmCAS but I remember my friend told me last year that they do. Please confirm if you know. Thank you very much.

Hi guys..I've a question for those who have already got an invite for interview. How long after submitting the supplemental app did you guys get the invite?

Ok, So I submitted my supplemental for both Midwesterns (Chicago and Glendale) at the same time. But, I got the interview invitation for Glendale pretty quickly, and Chicago haven't made any contact with me yet. Anyone here is in the same situation ?