-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Midwestern CCP
Started by Prepharm08
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Playa, a 60 is somewhat low, but I have been told by my admissions advisor that the scores are lower this year and schools are taking that into account. Also, the PCAT is only a fraction of what they look at, and as you said, you do seem to have a solid application. Keep your head up. I am sure you have more of a chance than you think!
Any news from Jan interviewers? Did your online account change? Accept/Waitlist/ Rejected?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed DECEMBER 17th and haven't heard anything back yet, and they told us 4-5 weeks, which came and went with still no news. So those of you that interviewed in January, I would really suggest not torturing yourself with checking every day (like I have) because it'll probably take longer than you think 🙁 . Hope news comes to all of us soon.
I got an interview invite for Feb 4th!
Woo Hoo I'm so excited!!
Woo Hoo I'm so excited!!
So I will be arriving in Chicago on Feb 3rd around 6pm for the Feb 4th interview, if anyone wants to share a cab from the airport to the Hampton Inn then pm me 🙂
Maggols: I was accepted, and they sent a letter via snail mail... however, your online status may change before you receive the physical letter. If you are accepted, the matriculation agreement will become available, which is how I first found out. I received a letter a couple days later, I believe.
boypharm: It really doesn't matter what the writing topics were. The writing sample at essays is not a formal exam that will have a serious impact on your acceptance. This isn't the AP English Writing or even the PCAT Writing section. The schools just want to see how you write when you are put on the spot with fairly easy, non-technical topics. The essays we all spent weeks or months writing and proofreading and editing (and maybe having other people proofread and help edit) do not necessarily provide a good example of our writing styles or skills.
Don't panic about the essays unless you are really terrible at writing on the spot. And even then, don't panic. Just do some practice essays for standardized tests or something, and you'll be way ahead of the game. The questions I've been asked to write about have been incredibly easy topics that have nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with the adcom's curiosity about my impromptu writing abilities.
boypharm: It really doesn't matter what the writing topics were. The writing sample at essays is not a formal exam that will have a serious impact on your acceptance. This isn't the AP English Writing or even the PCAT Writing section. The schools just want to see how you write when you are put on the spot with fairly easy, non-technical topics. The essays we all spent weeks or months writing and proofreading and editing (and maybe having other people proofread and help edit) do not necessarily provide a good example of our writing styles or skills.
Don't panic about the essays unless you are really terrible at writing on the spot. And even then, don't panic. Just do some practice essays for standardized tests or something, and you'll be way ahead of the game. The questions I've been asked to write about have been incredibly easy topics that have nothing to do with knowledge and everything to do with the adcom's curiosity about my impromptu writing abilities.
I interviewed on 1/21 and just like everyone else am anxiously awaiting a letter in the mail! I felt like it went pretty well but then felt pretty down after reviewing the financial stuff afterwards. I knew the school was expensive obviously - but I have been SO focused on the just getting in that I just figured I would worry about the financial stuff later. The tuition is high and I will need money to live on... so all said and done my guess is that I would end up with something like 160K in loans. Woah
Is anyone else scared about that?!? Everyone says - oh don't worry you'll be making 100K a year when you graduate - but in this economy, nothing is for sure. I just hope I get called for an interview at UIC as well - I would have to say they are my first choice and a huge part of it is the cost of tuition!
Is anyone else scared about that?!? Everyone says - oh don't worry you'll be making 100K a year when you graduate - but in this economy, nothing is for sure. I just hope I get called for an interview at UIC as well - I would have to say they are my first choice and a huge part of it is the cost of tuition!All of you from the 12/17 interview...if you dare...check your interact! Mine finally changed. That means letters should be arriving soon!
Got my letter in the mail today, so anyone up to the Jan 14th interviews should have a decision!!!
Edit: my letter was dated January 20, so I doubt decisions have been made on those from the 21st interviews.
Edit: my letter was dated January 20, so I doubt decisions have been made on those from the 21st interviews.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone from the 1/21 interview find out?? Or is it pple from the 1/14 and before then that are finding out
have all the ppl that were accepted find out?
mine still hasnt changed...
maybe bc im from cali?
Usually they all change around the same time, typically in the early morning Cali time. I checked mine today to see if mine has changed or not, since I'm on their alternate list since November.
I was accepted today as part of the 1/7 interview group. I thought i screwed up the essay portion of the interview because I said sometimes people deserve second chances even though I know thats not what they're looking for, and I misspelled "definitely" three or four times....just relax and wait for the letter. Stressing yourself out wont help.
So just so I know where I stand, I know some of you have been kind enough to let me know, but for those of you that have been accepted, are there any applicants that have not so high stats? If so maybe my chances aren't hopeless! I interviewed on the 17th and my portal hasn't changed online, so I can pretty much assume that I have been waitlisted or Declined
!
!i know ur panicing and mostlikely checking ur portal every hour. I would suggest for u not to do that and just let it go. Obsessing over this will only make it harder. just check it later on this week. If u still see no update, then accept that u have been waitlisted. I felt the same way after my interview and it just made the waitlist letter a lot harder to bare.
hey everyone! i interviewed on 1/14 in chicago and i got accepted! i'm from caliii...not sure when they updated my portal tho, but i just checked it about 30 minutes ago! good luck to everyone still waiting 🙂
So just so I know where I stand, I know some of you have been kind enough to let me know, but for those of you that have been accepted, are there any applicants that have not so high stats? If so maybe my chances aren't hopeless! I interviewed on the 17th and my portal hasn't changed online, so I can pretty much assume that I have been waitlisted or Declined!
i got accepted with pretty average stats....3.25 cumulative gpa--3.35 science---79 composite pcat - but then again Im one hellava good interviewer!!!😉
i'm interviewing on feb 6th, anyone else interviewing that day???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have interview on feb 4th..that was the only day available..do you guys think I can reschedule it? bcz i have another interview on that day!
Yea, just call them up. They're really nice! My original interview date was on 1/14 but i got it moved to 1/21 after calling them.
anybody from cali going to this school? if so, pm meeee! i'm in the process of making a decision of whether or not to go here...
From cali as well..got accepted w/ these stats: 2.78 gpa 82 pcat...so keep your hopes up all. =)
Congratulations!
I received my interview invite yesterday! 😀
Last edited:
That's awesome! Congrats....... Maybe there will be hope for me! I interviewed on the 17th of December and just received my letter in the mail that I've been placed on the alternate list, which I will take! At least its not a straight up rejection! Hopefully I will be pulled sometime before the school year begins!
I just received an interview invitation
I interviewed on 1/21, still no word.
I also interviewd on 1/21 - I'm so anxious to hear something! I saw in the previous posts that letters where sent out with a date of 1/20 - I think the committee only meets once a month.... do you think we'll have to wait until 2/20 to find out?
I think the committee only meets once a month.... do you think we'll have to wait until 2/20 to find out?
I remember them saying that (I was hoping that they were exaggerating). The waiting is terrible.

for those of you who have been accepted, are you guys doing on-campus or off-campus housing and why? i'm trying to decide if i should fill out the housing application!
Well it's official.. just paid my $1000 deposit yesterday!
liltigress - I already filled out my housing application. I think it's a good idea to live on campus.. at least for P1 as it will be easy to get to and from class, and it will be easier to study with classmates. Also, the surrounding area I hear is pretty expensive, so living on campus will be much cheaper (taking into account that it's a flat rate for rent and all utilities included). Time to start counting down the time til I have to move.. can't wait.
liltigress - I already filled out my housing application. I think it's a good idea to live on campus.. at least for P1 as it will be easy to get to and from class, and it will be easier to study with classmates. Also, the surrounding area I hear is pretty expensive, so living on campus will be much cheaper (taking into account that it's a flat rate for rent and all utilities included). Time to start counting down the time til I have to move.. can't wait.
got an interview invite today 🙂, if any1 has advice i would love to hear some
Well it's official.. just paid my $1000 deposit yesterday!
liltigress - I already filled out my housing application. I think it's a good idea to live on campus.. at least for P1 as it will be easy to get to and from class, and it will be easier to study with classmates. Also, the surrounding area I hear is pretty expensive, so living on campus will be much cheaper (taking into account that it's a flat rate for rent and all utilities included). Time to start counting down the time til I have to move.. can't wait.
Good move. I personally would stay on campus for at least 3 years. It is a better social environment than living in apartment. Cheaper as well. I made many more friends in my dorm than living in apartment for undergrad. The downside is just not as much space.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In a weird way, I prefer smaller spaces because it makes me feel more organized (plus it makes my TV look a whole lot larger
) so I think I'll be good in the dorms. Plus if it's anything like undergrad, I made 90% of my friends freshman year in the dorms and have become very close friends with many of them.
I'm curious as to how many people have been accepted thus far..
) so I think I'll be good in the dorms. Plus if it's anything like undergrad, I made 90% of my friends freshman year in the dorms and have become very close friends with many of them. I'm curious as to how many people have been accepted thus far..
In a weird way, I prefer smaller spaces because it makes me feel more organized (plus it makes my TV look a whole lot larger) so I think I'll be good in the dorms. Plus if it's anything like undergrad, I made 90% of my friends freshman year in the dorms and have become very close friends with many of them.
I'm curious as to how many people have been accepted thus far..
I would say close the number of seats as many will be jumping ship to UIC or for cali residents if they get into a cali school.
hey guys, i'm interviewing with midwestern this friday! anyone else gunna be there? good luck to everyone who's applied and congrats to those who have gotten in. I hopin for the best!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Locked
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K