Midwestern class of 2013!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjb04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations everybody, can't wait to see you when classes start!:D:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sooo... my AADSAS says offer Made...That means I'm in, Right? OMG so I should be expecting a call tomorrow morning...? LOL
YAYYYYYYYY SOOOOOO excited

Last edited:
sooo... My aadsas says offer made...that means i mean, right? Omg so i should be expecting a call tomorrow morning...? Lol
yayyyyyyyy soooooo excited

me too1!!!1!!! Omg.......i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congratz!! guys!
so, midwestern updates aadsas status?
I have my interview there on Jan 6. and they've never updated anything on aadsas, it's been totally blank... So, is aadsas update only for the acceptance? i guess..

Yes mine was blank until Offer Made about 15 mins ago! Congrats everyone and good luck with the interview!!!!

mine is still blank.

Did you guys have "interview" before? or was it blank and then to offer made?

Mine has always been blank. Nothing ever from Midwestern was posted. I interviewed in late october

What's going on ???

I interview early October and it has stayed blank, but I am hoping it changes soon...like right now please :scared:

yeah ... mine had been blank since I applied in May and my interview was 3 weeks ago... and then my status was changed to offer made about 20 mins ago.!!! so FREAKING EXCITED TOUGH...I am still waiting on 3 more schools

yeah ... mine had been blank since I applied in May and my interview was 3 weeks ago... and then my status was changed to offer made about 20 mins ago.!!! so FREAKING EXCITED TOUGH...I am still waiting on 3 more schools

what time is it where you live?

Yes mine was blank until Offer Made about 15 mins ago! Congrats everyone and good luck with the interview!!!!

Thanks man! and congrats! you deserved to be going crazy about this moment!:thumbup:

mine is still blank.

Did you guys have "interview" before? or was it blank and then to offer made?

Mine has always been blank. Nothing ever from Midwestern was posted. I interviewed in late november.

What's going on ???

yeah..it seems they only update on aadsas for the acceptance. if you did pre dec 1st interview and your status is still blank..that's not a good sign..I think. But don't lose your hope yet! you might get a call tomorrow!! GL!!

Same here, offer made on AADSAS. Third times the charm.

Interviewed early October...Still blank :(

DDSGUYLA: I live on Eastern coast and its 12:58 am now.. I really hope you all get in... Good Luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you genuinely excited even though you're going to be paying very high tuition, or just glad to get in somewhere?

has anyone in california time recieve update through aadsas yet?

has anyone in california time recieve update through aadsas yet?

Im in CA but no update...I would think that the update would be based upon the time zone of the dental school, not the interviewees...am I wrong to assume that?

I hope I'm wrong...so that theres still two more hours to get an update!

I'm just glad to get in somewhere with my 15 RC LOL!! i'm soooo happy i don't have to waste another year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW i'm from socal and i got updated.

Yeah pcheng2 on predent is from socal too and got accepted tonight.

Which means AADSAS did all the updates.

I just noticed mine changed to 'offer made' too!!! But I guess if I go here I better get going on those extra prereqs like anatomy w/lab and all that...

I just noticed mine changed to 'offer made' too!!! But I guess if I go here I better get going on those extra prereqs like anatomy w/lab and all that...

Did it just change or has it been that way for a while?

Are you genuinely excited even though you're going to be paying very high tuition, or just glad to get in somewhere?

wow...

anyways, mine says "Offer made," as well.

YEAH! Midwestern Class of 2013 here I come!
Can't wait to see you guys there! finishing up my undergrad in socal and now moving back home to AZ. Midwestern is a sweet school and I'm excited to start!

Definitely wasn't dreaming last night when reading "offer made"! Just got the phone call to confirm! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

they already called you. wow they are are earrrlyyyy. it's 6:22am in arizona. congrats! i'm waiting to get the call now.

I know I was excited when I got the call too last year

Congrats to everyone!! You guys will love it here.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to pm me!

-----------------------------------
Midwestern University Class of 2012

you need to have anatomy lab for midwestern?

yeah and it will REALLY help you out!

Congrats to you all! Any word on how many acceptances MWU offered today? Did anybody whose AADSAS status is still blank receive a phone call today?

For us that still have a blank I just talked to admissions. All acceptances have already been updated. Rejections and wait listed should be updated later today. Good luck to those like me hoping to get on the wait list.

For us that still have a blank I just talked to admissions. All acceptances have already been updated. Rejections and wait listed should be updated later today. Good luck to those like me hoping to get on the wait list.

So the class is already full? They are only going to make waitlist acceptances now?

Were they kind to you on the phone or were they agitated? I'm thinking about calling.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Only the acceptance spots for predec 1st have been given. I expect that they have spots still available for people put on waiting list and interviewed after today. I am merely saying if you hoping to get an acceptance today and havent gotten one its not going to change today.

Only the acceptance spots for predec 1st have been given. I expect that they have spots still available for people put on waiting list and interviewed after today. I am merely saying if you hoping to get an acceptance today and havent gotten one its not going to change today.

Thanks! So if you interviewed pre-dec 1st and didn't receive an acceptance then you only have a shot at waitlist or rejection? They won't extend 2nd round acceptances to pre-dec 1st interviewees?

Were they kind on the phone?

Best of luck to you!

I think you are thinking way too far into it. If you don't have an acceptance or a rejection by the end of the day you will go back into the pool plus all the other people who interview after today and the rest of the spots in the class will be filled from there.

You are never out for good until you have a rejection notice.

Congratz for those who got accepted!

Anyway I'm wondering if they are doing all the calls in one day...

So the class is already full? They are only going to make waitlist acceptances now?

Were they kind to you on the phone or were they agitated? I'm thinking about calling.

Thanks for the info!

Something to keep in mind when you are calling MWU. The people you are talking to over the phone are the office assistants, not the admissions committee which are basically our Dean, and couple of our dental faculty. The office assistants aren't even part of the "Dental of College Medicine". The admissions office at MWU is used by all the programs (Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, etc) on our campus. The office assistants have no say in your file.

If I recall, they try to fill up around 60 - 70% of the class with the acceptances they sent out today. The other spots will be filled with the people on the waitlist, and the other people they are interviewing in January through possibly March.

As long as you don't get a formal rejection letter your still in the game, its just a big waiting game from now till around the end of January which will be the deadline for the people who got acceptances today.

Best of lucks to all of you!

Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine Class of 2012

Something to keep in mind when you are calling MWU. The people you are talking to over the phone are the office assistants, not the admissions committee which are basically our Dean, and couple of our dental faculty. The office assistants aren't even part of the "Dental of College Medicine". The admissions office at MWU is used by all the programs (Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, etc) on our campus. The office assistants have no say in your file.

If I recall, they try to fill up around 60 - 70% of the class with the acceptances they sent out today. The other spots will be filled with the people on the waitlist, and the other people they are interviewing in January through possibly March.

As long as you don't get a formal rejection letter your still in the game, its just a big waiting game from now till around the end of January which will be the deadline for the people who got acceptances today.

deadline is jan 2rd

Since Midwestern is an expensive private school the chances of getting in off the waitlist will be relatively high. I know of a bunch of kids who sent their deposit to Midwestern and then backed out a few months later when they got other offers. Keep your heads up!

Thanks for the positive note. I was wondering if you can clarify something for me: the waitlist? If I interviewed pre-Dec. 1st and was not offered an acceptance today, am I either placed on the waitlist or rejected? Is it possible that if I'm not rejected that I'm considered in the "2nd round" of acceptances rather than being on the waitlist. To me the waitlist seems like they would take you only after their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round acceptances have declined admission and there are still seats open. Which is the correct view of the waitlist?

Thanks!

Thanks for the positive note. I was wondering if you can clarify something for me: the waitlist? If I interviewed pre-Dec. 1st and was not offered an acceptance today, am I either placed on the waitlist or rejected? Is it possible that if I'm not rejected that I'm considered in the "2nd round" of acceptances rather than being on the waitlist. To me the waitlist seems like they would take you only after their 1st, 2nd and 3rd round acceptances have declined admission and there are still seats open. Which is the correct view of the waitlist?

Thanks!

Just because you didn't receive an acceptance today it does not signify a rejection. December 1st is just the beginning of when all the dental schools can officially give out acceptances.

From what I remember last year, people were also getting rejection letters starting in december as well.

I think for everyone that didn't get an acceptance letter today (and for the people that didn't/wont get rejected) your basically all placed on a waiting list in some sort of ranked order. As soon as that deadline in January arrives, the higher you are on that waiting list, most likely you'll get accepted in the 2nd round. Now whether or not they give preference over someone from the waiting list vs someone with a post-Dec. 1st interview (or vice versa) I have no clue, and I don't think anyone can tell you that accept the admissions committee. But I do know they did take pre-dec 1st interview people off the waiting list during the 2nd round of acceptances.

I know some people didn't get off the waiting list till like May, even though they interviewed in October. So as I mentioned, as long as you don't get a rejection letter, you still have hope!!

Also I remember last year, people that are on the waiting list, they got some sort of letter stating that they were on the waiting list during the first 2 weeks of December.

Especially with the economy these days, people that got accepted into MWU, but also get accepted into their state school later, most likely they will choose the state school for the cheaper tuition. So this should help out all the waitlisted people.

Got the official letter in the mail today, and have already put down my deposit and signed the agreement. So excited to be going here!

For those of you waiting for a call, you may get one yet. I had to give up my seat for 2013. The Army has denied my release to go to dental school until I finish my current service obligation in 2011. I thought the deferment would help, but apparently the Army needs helicopter pilots more than dentists. Good luck to the rest of you.

For those of you waiting for a call, you may get one yet. I had to give up my seat for 2013. The Army has denied my release to go to dental school until I finish my current service obligation in 2011. I thought the deferment would help, but apparently the Army needs helicopter pilots more than dentists. Good luck to the rest of you.

I am sorry to hear that!!!
BUT thanks for your early decision and notice.
For those who are in the alternate list, please don't make a deposit or withdraw it if you decide to go somewhere else.
:xf:

Hello future classmates! I got the great news on Monday December 1st at 8:57 am! Looking forward to meeting you all.

I am sorry to hear that!!!
BUT thanks for your early decision and notice.
For those who are in the alternate list, please don't make a deposit or withdraw it if you decide to go somewhere else.
:xf:

Interesting I guess that helps us move up the list