Midwestern CPG vs USN!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waverunner23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Both are three year schools, which is what I was leaning towards. I haven't heard from UOP (likely cause I applied really late, lol) but now that I've been accepted to both, I have the hardest decision ever!

I was hoping to get some opinions from fellow applicants and/or current students at either school.

Any input would be HIGHLY appreciated :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
no one? <cricket cricket>

I was accepted to MWU-CPG back in October and turned down an interview to USN later that month.

I'd pick CPG over USN by a pretty convincing margin at this point. In my eyes, CPG is gaining more prestige and respect as a school while USN has been dwindling. Check the past threads of USN. Many of their own current students have expressed their displeasure in the program.

I enjoyed my interview at CPG and I just got a feeling of stability as a program. The open-door policy is great and the campus is super nice. The only set back I have is that they are sorta in the shadow of U of A as far as clinical sites are concerned.

Anyways, good luck with those CA schools and congrats!

I agree! I really liked MWU - the only thing is that it was my first interview early on, so I didn't really get all the information I needed. I wish I had been more prepared!!

But I noticed that about USN as well. Exposure to different areas outside of retail is very important to me..I've worked at an independent pharmacy for awhile now and I'm interest in learning about the institutional fields as well :)

Hi Waverunner. I disagree one point the last commenter made about general student displeasure at USN. There was one particuarly outspoken student on SDN who had a lot of negative comments about USN but I would not say that this person's opinion represents the opinion of the other students. Also, until this fall, that student's comments about USN were 99% positive. I would say that the vast majority of comments from current students are positive if you discount that one displeased student. As you make this important decision, I would consider making a pros and cons list. While both schools are 3-year, one has a block system which is very different from the traditional multiple-course system. Good luck with your decision!

A USN faculty member.

Both are three year schools, which is what I was leaning towards. I haven't heard from UOP (likely cause I applied really late, lol) but now that I've been accepted to both, I have the hardest decision ever!

I was hoping to get some opinions from fellow applicants and/or current students at either school.

Any input would be HIGHLY appreciated :)

Thanks!

Basically they are completely different. If you want a traditional course load then go to CPG. If you want to take one class at a time the go to USN. I can't say which is better because I never did the one class at a time. MWU is a medical school continually growing and they have a denistry, DO, PA, optometry, and many other professional programs. I am not sure about USN.

Hi Waverunner. I disagree one point the last commenter made about general student displeasure at USN. There was one particuarly outspoken student on SDN who had a lot of negative comments about USN but I would not say that this person's opinion represents the opinion of the other students. Also, until this fall, that student's comments about USN were 99% positive. I would say that the vast majority of comments from current students are positive if you discount that one displeased student. As you make this important decision, I would consider making a pros and cons list. While both schools are 3-year, one has a block system which is very different from the traditional multiple-course system. Good luck with your decision!

A USN faculty member.

Actually USN has many benefits over Midwestern. The learning experience is technology driven where you use your laptop and power point presentations to study. (No Books) The whole class sits in a huge state of the art room, and presentations are given by different instructors. There are no surprises... you learn the material, take the exam every other Friday. If you pass the exam the first time you get a three day weekend. If you dont you take the exam again on Monday. The simplicity of the structure is what is most beneficial. Study your butt off and pass... and enjoy three day weekends. :)

What is the weekly schedule like at Midwestern CPG?? I Just got accepted there and I'm trying to make a VERY quick decision about where I'm going!