Midwestern, Glendale 2012 class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wanttobepharm - September 29
Colby - September 29
ETA: qhho88 - September 29

HelloPanda22 - September 30
mitsubishi1m - September 30
xtsukiyox - September 30
pharmer1982 - September 30
mgoblue89 - September 30
bub76 - September 30
6615IV - September 30
ETA: LM2 - September 30

Last edited:
3 more days everyone!!
insomnia due to nerves officially kicked in.

what if thursday will literally be me and colby and friday are packed by you guys lol

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys pretty much made up of half of the 30th interview.

IKR? I really hope I get with some non-SDN'ers for the actual interview. I'm counting on the other (less prepared) interviewees to make me look good. :smuggrin:

Haircut, check
Pants hemmed, check
Dress shoe scuffs un-scuffed, check

What am I forgetting?? Oh yeah, relax. :p

IKR? I really hope I get with some non-SDN'ers for the actual interview. I'm counting on the other (less prepared) interviewees to make me look good. :smuggrin:

Haircut, check
Pants hemmed, check
Dress shoe scuffs un-scuffed, check

What am I forgetting?? Oh yeah, relax. :p

;_; Same here...

is it because you guys didnt fulfill some of the requirements?

Nope. To summarize the content of the letter, it just said that my application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review. My application will continue to be evaluated. I may receive an interview invitation at a future date.

Nope. To summarize the content of the letter, it just said that my application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review. My application will continue to be evaluated. I may receive an interview invitation at a future date.

Interesting....
Not really sure what the differentiating factor is.

I am filling out the supplemental app and on the checklist I noticed that this school only requires 2 letters of recommendation? I did 3. Do they randomly choose which 2 or can I call them and let them know which ones? I looked and they choose one from my employer and one from professor, but I want them to look at the one written by a pharmacist!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am filling out the supplemental app and on the checklist I noticed that this school only requires 2 letters of recommendation? I did 3. Do they randomly choose which 2 or can I call them and let them know which ones? I looked and they choose one from my employer and one from professor, but I want them to look at the one written by a pharmacist!

i think they chose to two they want/more relevant.
lucky for me my employer is a pharmacist. you can certainly try contacting them and let them know you prefer them to read a certain LOR, but I've never heard that done before. If you do go that route, please let us know how that turn out!

I'm hoping my second LoR is fine. They never stated that they don't accept letters from T.A.s and considering my T.A. was also in charge of the research I volunteered in I'm hoping its alright. Maybe I should check haha.

i think they chose to two they want/more relevant.
lucky for me my employer is a pharmacist. you can certainly try contacting them and let them know you prefer them to read a certain LOR, but I've never heard that done before. If you do go that route, please let us know how that turn out!

I will! I'm going to call them tomorrow. I really hope they read the one from the pharmacist. I don't understand why they wouldn't choose that one lol

I will! I'm going to call them tomorrow. I really hope they read the one from the pharmacist. I don't understand why they wouldn't choose that one lol

after you login, if you look in "Applicant Checklist" under "Pre-Accepted"

it should show which rec letters they chose under REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.

after you login, if you look in "Applicant Checklist" under "Pre-Accepted"

it should show which rec letters they chose under REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.

I think he is trying to inquire why they chose his employer vs an actual pharmacist.

Hello everyone, congrats on those who have interviews. How long it took the school to give you an interview after they sent you an email that your Pharmcas and suppl is complete and your application is under review?!

Thank you

Hello everyone, congrats on those who have interviews. How long it took the school to give you an interview after they sent you an email that your Pharmcas and suppl is complete and your application is under review?!

Thank you

For those of us that submitted fairly early (ahem Hellopanda22), we heard back around 1 week. I think there are more applicants now and may take a little longer. Cannot tell you exactly how long you will wait but I would approximate 1-2 weeks?

Thank you

I sent my supplemental app on sept 17 and received an interview invite on sept 20th. But I was really surprised that they got back to me that quickly, they must have been trying to fill up the spots for the interviews being done on the 29th and 30th.

Thank you

September 14 (late): Application completed, submitted, & fee paid
September 15: Received e-mail confirming application is complete
September 17 (~12:30am): Interview invitation

Ridiculfast.

104 tomorrow
103 Friday

I don't think there will be windy conditions while you guys are here... but if you do see a lot of dust (dust storm) brewing outside, try not to breathe it - stay inside / move quickly from your car to a building. They tend to come up in the very late afternoon & early evening. Even though I've lived here a decade, my s/o had to remind me of these pointers. There was a dust storm at my house last night.

Everybody ready? :D

pretty nervous.
could not sleep last night.
kept waking up every hour :(

I turned in my pharmcAs on the 1st of sep and my supplemental on the 27th of September!! Will I get an interview before December?? My stats are 2.65 cumulative on pharmcAs with an 85 composite on pcat...2.69 science gpa and 3.75 math gpa and 2.5 years of retail pharmacy experience!! Am getting really anxious seeing others getting interviews!!

I sent my supplemental app on sept 17 and received an interview invite on sept 20th. But I was really surprised that they got back to me that quickly, they must have been trying to fill up the spots for the interviews being done on the 29th and 30th.

What are your stats like???

I turned in my pharmcAs on the 1st of sep and my supplemental on the 27th of September!! Will I get an interview before December?? My stats are 2.65 cumulative on pharmcAs with an 85 composite on pcat...2.69 science gpa and 3.75 math gpa and 2.5 years of retail pharmacy experience!! Am getting really anxious seeing others getting interviews!!

chemwhiz, they usually get back really quickly once you turn in the supplemental. I'd imagine you'd get a response within a couple weeks, based on others' experiences so far. If you don't perhaps a call to the admissions office is in order? They are certainly interviewing in October & November, based on previous years' info. September 29/30 is just the first interview time.

i will try my very best to post up some information about the interview tomorrow before i hop on the plane to Northstate.

If I'm running short on time I'll send message to HelloPanda22 and she can share with all you guys. Unless shes an evil panda....then.....:laugh:

Selladore, are you interviewing on the 29th or 30th? :cool:

I turned in my supplementals last night, and was offered an interview date for the 30th. Its such short notice! I don't know if I should just wait for more interview dates to come up. Suggestions anyone?

i will try my very best to post up some information about the interview tomorrow before i hop on the plane to Northstate.

If I'm running short on time I'll send message to HelloPanda22 and she can share with all you guys. Unless shes an evil panda....then.....:laugh:

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH...

I'm angelic. :)

I turned in my supplementals last night, and was offered an interview date for the 30th. Its such short notice! I don't know if I should just wait for more interview dates to come up. Suggestions anyone?

If I were you, I would go. Receiving a short notice is not a big problem. It's better than no notice or worse...outright rejection! I hope to see you there!

Got my hold letter today! Not surprised at all I was expecting it since my original pcat score was bad and they won't receive my sept pcat scores till later. Good luck everyone interviewing :)

Good luck Thursday and Friday guys!
You have done all the hard stuff, this is just a little last time to sell yourself and dazzle them.
:luck:

What was ur stats like??

September 14 (late): Application completed, submitted, & fee paid
September 15: Received e-mail confirming application is complete
September 17 (~12:30am): Interview invitation

Ridiculfast.

What are ur stats like??

The only reason I wouldn't go is A) can't due to non-rescheduleable personal obligations or B) I really truly feel unprepared. If you really think you'll be significantly better prepared by waiting, then wait... otherwise, go for it. :thumbup: The trick is balancing rolling admissions with a good interview performance.

The only reason I wouldn't go is A) can't due to non-rescheduleable personal obligations or B) I really truly feel unprepared. If you really think you'll be significantly better prepared by waiting, then wait... otherwise, go for it. :thumbup: The trick is balancing rolling admissions with a good interview performance.

I rescheduled for the 10/24. It will give me more time to prepare :cool:.

This just in from wanttobepharm:

In his words, "our group got grilled with hard questions."

I'm so nervous now. ARGH!!!! See you guys tomorrow. :( Does anyone want to go at like 7:10? I'm getting dropped off super early and would like some company. lol

This just in from wanttobepharm:

In his words, "our group got grilled with hard questions."

I'm so nervous now. ARGH!!!! See you guys tomorrow. :( Does anyone want to go at like 7:10? I'm getting dropped off super early and would like some company. lol

no specifics given for these "hard questions"?? I'm getting nervous too! I'm taking a shuttle from my hotel so I don't know how early I'll be there. I doubt you'll be there alone for long, if at all.

hola bananas

hard questions were asked today but definitely manageable.
They are pretty cool and let you take a breathe before answer any questions if you need to.

I can't give specific interview questions since it may be against any policies. Sorry about that. But I will update the interview feedback section.

VERY friendly faculty! So just relax and have fun.

Ah, now I think you're just trying to psyche us out wanttobepharm. :smuggrin:

Since you're on here at 2:19, I'm guessing the day was done long before 2:30. :p What'd you think of MWU?

hola bananas

hard questions were asked today but definitely manageable.
They are pretty cool and let you take a breathe before answer any questions if you need to.

I can't give specific interview questions since it may be against any policies. Sorry about that. But I will update the interview feedback section.

VERY friendly faculty! So just relax and have fun.

so did u like the group style interview?

We finished around 11am actually. Not sure why they planned until 2:30.
Almost everyone stayed for lunch to kill some time.

I love the campus, it's organized, new and everyone is friendly.
It was hectic today touring the pharmacy building because of exams.

I hope everyone else like it as much as i did. Im not trying to psych you guys out! i did say questions were challenging but manageable.

Thanks for all the info wanttobepharm! and just to be 100% sure.. there's no writing we have to do during the interview, right? I thought I had read somewhere on here that they hadn't included a writing portion for a few years, but I didn't know if they decided to sneak it in this year! (I'm not so good at writing, which is why I'm fearful lol)

I'm really glad to hear they're friendly! Hopefully I'll have just as nice of an experience tomorrow :)

Ah, now I think you're just trying to psyche us out wanttobepharm. :smuggrin:

Since you're on here at 2:19, I'm guessing the day was done long before 2:30. :p What'd you think of MWU?

It was really nice meeting you and Mitsubishi1. Apparently, they said we might even get calls tonight or Monday but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I hope everyone had a great time...I love the campus and faculty!