Midwestern Glendale AZ MBS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IamtheLion

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Anybody get accepted here and are planning to go? Or have any reflections.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi IamtheLion,

i appplied a few months and my application is complete but when i take the mcat (in july) it will too late for fall 07 admission :(. when does class start for the fall? do you think they will still be accepting people sometime in august? congrats if you got in already:).

~m~

hey, i think it might be too late but who knows. I suggest you call them up and check. i think living in AZ might be pretty nice way to spend a year or 2. the orientation is Aug 24th to the 27th and classes begin the 29th. from the stuff they sent me, it looks like an excellent program. good luck with the mcats!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, i think it might be too late but who knows. I suggest you call them up and check. i think living in AZ might be pretty nice way to spend a year or 2. the orientation is Aug 24th to the 27th and classes begin the 29th. from the stuff they sent me, it looks like an excellent program. good luck with the mcats!

thanks for the reply :).

do know what kind of MCAT score they generally look for IantheLion?

~m~

For all those attending Fall this quarter, email me at [email protected]; maybe we can discuss housing/classes/etc:)

hey, To be honest I am not sure what the mcat scores they are looking for. I had a 27Q and a 2.80 GPA, so just scale up or down from your GPA i guess. Also i was going through their elective courses which seem pretty like hardcore science (FUN!!) and there was a course dedicated to mcat prep. sooo ya. did you get a chance to call them?

Hi

I was wondering about the midwestern program. Is it possible to get in w/o any research experience? I've been looking for it but it's really hard to find!

hey, well i dont have any research experience which is something i hope to gain from the program. but i also have 2 years of clinical experience so that might factor in.

hey, well i dont have any research experience which is something i hope to gain from the program. but i also have 2 years of clinical experience so that might factor in.
hey Silygirl I also dont think you need research to apply for the program :)

~m~

Do anyon know whether a major of people who complete the program end up getting into medical school? If so, do they go mostly to DO schools?

Do anyon know whether a major of people who complete the program end up getting into medical school? If so, do they go mostly to DO schools?

the stats here for the one in chicago according to the admission person i spoke with was this year they graduated 15 people who are all going into a professional program (one was going into dental school the others were all in med school of some variety). from where he told me they were going it seemed to be a pretty good mix of allopathic and osteopathic schools.

the stats here for the one in chicago according to the admission person i spoke with was this year they graduated 15 people who are all going into a professional program (one was going into dental school the others were all in med school of some variety). from where he told me they were going it seemed to be a pretty good mix of allopathic and osteopathic schools.

Thanks mommy2three. Are you planning on attending the program or know people who have attended? Also, do you whether having all of the premed classes is one of the requirements for applying because I look on their website and it just says a Bacherlor's degree is needed and MCAT or GRE?
Thanks!!

There are extensive course work sheets for the program in ILL that detail all your science classes and calculated BCPM. There seems to be the requiste science courses that you would expect for Medical School. The 8 hours of Bio/Chem/Physics with labs. This program is mainly for those who want to improve their GPAs for medical school so the prereqs are definitely needed prior to coming to the program. Also almost all of the courses in the curiculum are higher level science courses that would be part of a MSI or MSII, other than the mcat course.

After shotgunning application to a bunch of SMP and MS programs, they really want to see that you are a eligble candidate for medical school. A lot of them said, well your MCATs are good but your GPA blows, good luck with that (effing EVMS with their lack of racial diversity waitlist me will you!!). While other programs said, your MCATs are good and we will work on your GPA.

Having wasted my time on the GREs (Damn you analogies and verbal), spend the hours you would have wasted with those damn verbal dictionaries and pick up a kaplan mcat book to study. hell we are mostly science majors anyway, we can't read for **** and hell i am barely literate!

Plus the MCAT verbal for me was hella easier than the GRE Verbal. MCAT = 10 to the GRE Verbal 520, and dont get me started on the so-called writing portion. MCAT = Q to the GRE 3.5 (out of a possible 7, with a 17th percentile) WTF!

Also almost all medical schools advise for at least a year of calculus, because i am sure we are all going to bust out some differential equations in order to figure out flow rates. GRE Math is a joke, like easier than the SATs.

So no joke, avoid the GREs. Take the MCATs. Do the prereqs during undergrad or make your own special post bac taking the prereqs. And of course ROCK THEM!!