Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On pharmcas I noticed that they start interviewing people generally around Sept. Anybody get an offer yet?

Members don't see this ad.

i would like to know this too- i haven't even received their supplemental. is this the case for others?

Members don't see this ad :)
i would like to know this too- i haven't even received their supplemental. is this the case for others?

Same with me. I'm applying to both Midwestern campuses. Got the Chicago supplemental, but not the Glendale. Please keep me updated.

Hey optimistic and cd87,

I received my supplementals for both campuses, but it took longer for me to receive the glendale supp than the chicago supp. FYi PharmCAS sent out my pharmcas app to these schools on Aug 18th and I received Glendale's supp on the 26th.

Also I browsed around SDN a bit and came upon this thread.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=563210&highlight=glendale

According to the last post, interviews have already started..

Just letting you know I recieved an interview invitation on Sept. 13th. The interview is Oct. 23. Recived the Supp on Aug 14. Submitted on the 27th I think.

Just letting you know I recieved an interview invitation on Sept. 13th. The interview is Oct. 23. Recived the Supp on Aug 14. Submitted on the 27th I think.

Thanks for giving us a time frame:)

Oh and I was wondering if you could post your stats? or could you PM me?..that 's if you don't mind that is. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Thanks for giving us a time frame:)

Oh and I was wondering if you could post your stats? or could you PM me?..that 's if you don't mind that is. Thanks in advance!

I barely submitted my supplemental a few days ago. :oops: Could you post or PM me your stats as well if you don't mind? Thank you :)

Do you already have your PCAT scores? Based on the threads I've read, most of the people who received invites already had their PCAT scores. By the way, congrats!

Hey Dash, thanks for PMing me. I just received my invite so I'll see you there! :)

I haven't received an invite yet either (hopefully not for cause) but I just got my PCAT results last Saturday. I hope that an invitation will soon follow.

Hey congrats to those who got interviews and those who are currently in the process of receiving on! I would like to know what everyone's GPA and PCAT scores were. Mine are 3.4 GPA and 71 PCAT....I doubt that it is even remotely competitive... :scared:

Submitted my supplemental about a month ago and I haven't heard anything back yet. PCAT was taken last year so that shouldn't be an issue, although I am scheduled to take it a for a second time on Oct. 18th. Nothing about an interview yet. :( I just want my piece of paper that says, "Congratulations, you've been accepted, we just need to meet with you to make sure you're not a gerbil posing as a person."

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my supplemental about a month ago and I haven't heard anything back yet. PCAT was taken last year so that shouldn't be an issue, although I am scheduled to take it a for a second time on Oct. 18th. Nothing about an interview yet. :( I just want my piece of paper that says, "Congratulations, you've been accepted, we just need to meet with you to make sure you're not a gerbil posing as a person."

Wow! Congratulations on finishing all your supplementals! I still have a few to go, I feel behind!

Do you feel its necessary for you to retake your PCATs? Your score looks awesome!

Interview invite recieved oct. 3rd for the oct. 23 interview day. supplemental app. was completed sept. 21st. There is also an interview date for oct. 24 that just opened. Good luck to everyone.

I will be interviewing Friday October 24th. See you there :)

For those who have already interviewed.. How many interviewees are there per interview day. Just wondering =)

Is there any benefit going to an earlier interview date? I don't know if I can prepare for an interview in one week.

edit:
Just curious... I signed up for 21st. I just don't think I can get airplane ticket, hotel, some other stuff I need, and prepare for interview all in 4 or so days with jam packed tues-thurs school schedule. I literally have like 1 hour break from early morning to 6 pm on Tues and Thurs. Whatever benefit there is for going early, I just think I'm going to mess up my chances a lot more going unprepared

Last edited:
Anyone receive an interview invite to CPG w/o PCAT scores? Unfortunately I took the PCAT Saturday and the scores won't be available til about Dec 1...it would be really nice to get an interview and an admissions decision that has the provision (...pending PCAT scores of __+).
I'm just about set to submit my supplemental application. I really like Midwestern!

Wow! Congratulations on finishing all your supplementals! I still have a few to go, I feel behind!

Do you feel its necessary for you to retake your PCATs? Your score looks awesome!

Just got an interview invite to CCP!!! But it doesn't list any dates when I log in to select an interview. :confused: I figure they just haven't updated it yet with new dates... either that or they're all taken already! :scared:

As for the question about my PCAT... Yes and no. I love my composite score, but unfortunately, my chem section was low (54). Everything else was high (verbal: 87, bio: 83, reading: 92, math: 97, essays: 4.0, 3.5). If the low score had been ANYTHING except chemistry, I would've left good enough alone. But instead I retook it this weekend and did worse on everything :(. Oh well... guess 91 will have to be good enough.

Just got an interview invite to CCP!!! But it doesn't list any dates when I log in to select an interview. :confused: I figure they just haven't updated it yet with new dates... either that or they're all taken already! :scared:

As for the question about my PCAT... Yes and no. I love my composite score, but unfortunately, my chem section was low (54). Everything else was high (verbal: 87, bio: 83, reading: 92, math: 97, essays: 4.0, 3.5). If the low score had been ANYTHING except chemistry, I would've left good enough alone. But instead I retook it this weekend and did worse on everything :(. Oh well... guess 91 will have to be good enough.

My guess is that it is already all taken, since most got invites earlier today. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure new dates will be added soon and you'll be able to attend those. You'll just have a later date, but I think it doesn't really matter much... but don't know... which is why I was asking.

I just summit my pharmcas and ready to send some supplements out and one in (Glendale of course) =) I hope I can get an interview too....

Is there any benefit going to an earlier interview date? I don't know if I can prepare for an interview in one week.

edit:
Just curious... I signed up for 21st. I just don't think I can get airplane ticket, hotel, some other stuff I need, and prepare for interview all in 4 or so days with jam packed tues-thurs school schedule. I literally have like 1 hour break from early morning to 6 pm on Tues and Thurs. Whatever benefit there is for going early, I just think I'm going to mess up my chances a lot more going unprepared

i just received an interview invite too. i was contemplating on interviewing this thurs or friday, but i figured its too early for me to prepare. i ended up picking nov 21st. i guess i'll see you there!

I don't think there is a huge advantage to interviewing early. I interviewed in Feb. last year, and am currently a PS1 at MWU-CPG. A friend of mine interviewed in Oct and was wait listed- so who knows... many of my classmates had interviews in Feb and March. I believe it is more important to be well prepared for your interview.

Best of Luck!

I don't think there is a huge advantage to interviewing early. I interviewed in Feb. last year, and am currently a PS1 at MWU-CPG. A friend of mine interviewed in Oct and was wait listed- so who knows... many of my classmates had interviews in Feb and March. I believe it is more important to be well prepared for your interview.

Best of Luck!

It is true that once you receive an interview, you must outshine everyone else in the group to get a spot in the program. I really think there is an advantage of getting the interview early as there are more seats open hence the chances of you getting in is higher!!! FYI I'm a 2nd year CPG student

Anyone have any hotel recommendations near campus?

It is true that once you receive an interview, you must outshine everyone else in the group to get a spot in the program. I really think there is an advantage of getting the interview early as there are more seats open hence the chances of you getting in is higher!!! FYI I'm a 2nd year CPG student

so they only accept like 1 out of the 4 or so people in the group? So chances of getting accepted after interview is like 25%?

Has anyone been accepted yet??

How many people were interviewed for today? (friday)

how long does it take to get the supp app for midwestern?? i submitted pharmcas 2 days ago. thanks!

I received a "hold" letter today...

=(

the letter says that my application "was deemed to posses enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result.".....but they do not guarantee an interview invite in the future.

oh well..the waiting continues!

I received a letter today saying my "application has been put on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview." it also suggests my app will further be reviewed. im frustrated, has anyone else heard or received this?

Got the same stupid letter today. Guess they don't want to reject everyone just yet. At least we aren't wasting money on an interview that we will be put on the waitlist after anyways.

Last edited:
stay positive! :luck:

For those who received a "hold letter" :
Would you mind sharing your stats?

Stay positive! Maybe they're just waiting on the October PCAT scores of your fellow competitors, so perhaps they'd just like to hold your interview invite til then. Another scenario is holding for your fall 08 semester grades...but that probably would've been mentioned.

For those that interviewed Oct 23/24th, will we be notified by both regular mail and email? Also, does anyone know how the Interact will appear if you are accepted?

hey pkp! It was nice meeting you! Based off of last year's thread, I read that they make it obvious on the interact site that you've been accepted. Like it says congratulations, or something like that. Ahh, it's the one week mark for us. They said they're going to meet up one week from the time we've interview right??

It was great meeting you too, PrePharm08! They said they would notify us in two weeks via regular mail, so I guess one more week of waiting to do :scared:

OMG! Check your interact and click on matriculation/payment! I got in! WOOHOO!!!

OMG! Check your interact and click on matriculation/payment! I got in! WOOHOO!!!

Congratulations! (Yes, you get the full word, not just 'congrats').
Ya mind sharing your stats?
I'm hoping to get into CPG too, but I won't know for a very, very long time cuz PCAT scores don't get released til six weeks after the test - i took it Oct 18. :mad:

Congratulations!! Mine hasn't changed yet :scared: I hope that's not a bad sign

Anybody else's Interact change yet?