Midwestern-Glendale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please guide me step by step how to create an account. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Sent in my deposit today. I'm officially in!

Please guide me step by step how to create an account. Thank you.
I'm not quite sure what account you are referring to. The information we are getting is from the online application site. Do you still have access to that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Orientation info:

On Wednesday, June 3rd, you will be required to check-in at 8:00am in the Stagecoach Dining Hall. A continental breakfast will be
provided. During check-in, representatives from Admissions and Student Services will be available to assist you, as well as
members from your specific program. Orientation will conclude at 4:30pm both days (subject to change). Classes will begin on
Monday, June 8th, 2009. Copies of your schedule will be provided during your program specific sessions during orientation.

Hi. I had some questions for some current Midwestern Glendale students. Do any of them post on here?

Also, what is the retention rate like for the pharmacy program? How many
students typically fail out each year? How competitive is it?

Thanks.

Hi. I had some questions for some current Midwestern Glendale students. Do any of them post on here?

Thanks.

I think when you're in a professional program or grad program you don't really have to worry about competitiveness. I mean there's only about 130 people in your class. I personally would like to see everyone succeed. You deal with competition more during undergrad and when you're applying to programs and having to beat out 2,000 applicants.

Thanks.

I'll be attending this June so I don't really know the answers to your questions, but from the research I've done on their site it seems like you really have to be a slacker in order to fail out.

In order to fail out you either;
1-Let your GPA fall below 2.00.
2-Get an F in any course.
3-Get 2 D's in the same year.

Are there any current students at Midwestern-Glendale who post here?

I have a friend at another pharmacy school that is a total weedout school. So far they have lost over 10 people in one semester, so that's why I am asking.

I talked to my friend about this topic, he's graduating this year from MWU-CPG.

You basically have to be a major slacker to fail out of the program. You are able to retake courses if you fail them. he said that there is one guy who is in his fourth year with the program. The university wants you to succeed and will provide you with tutors and counseling to help get you to the finish line (if needed). It's a big plus for the program when they can boast that 99% of students graduate. It ensures that prospective students will get the degree if they put forth an effort and pay the massive tuition.

Does anyone know if there is a need to wear professional looking clothes during the first year at CPG? Because I have some professional clothing but not a lot. I just want to come prepared.

Just got a call from the associate dean of MWU - got accepted :love::love:::thumbup:

I'll see you all in June!

so is anyone that is accepted going to miss the orientation just like myself due to finals exams at your current school?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you guys fill out the FAFSA for MWU? I don't have my Bachelors yet, so I wasn't sure if MWU would consider me Undergrad or whether I should mark Graduate.

How did you guys fill out the FAFSA for MWU? I don't have my Bachelors yet, so I wasn't sure if MWU would consider me Undergrad or whether I should mark Graduate.
Maybe they you took my spot... were you on the waitlist? I just declined a week and a half ago. ;)

I am a current CPG PS1 student. So maybe I could answer some of your questions. Feel free to PM me or just write a general question and I will try and answer it if I can.

Question to any students-
Hi. I just got accepted and am looking for housing.
What are some apartment buildings near campus (walking distance preferred) where people are staying at?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate. I plan on renting a 2bed/2bath apartment across the street from campus which will be in the $1000-1100 range. I'm a 23yo male from so cal. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Hi. I was wondering if anyone is still looking for a roommate. I plan on renting a 2bed/2bath apartment across the street from campus which will be in the $1000-1100 range. I'm a 23yo male from so cal. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Hey Bigpanda, did you get my message?

Anyone know how good the health insurance is at this place? Looks like they want to charge $2000 a year for health, dental, disability, that sure is a lot!

Anyone know how good the health insurance is at this place? Looks like they want to charge $2000 a year for health, dental, disability, that sure is a lot!

Yeah MWU insurance through Aetna is pretty expensive. I went through the Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ website and found that I could get my whole family insured for $257/month which is pretty darn good (I currently pay $521/month and Aenta would be even more $700+/month).

For an individual, you can probably get insurance for around $120/month. I just pulled a quote for a Male, 25-29 years old, $2000 deductible: your monthly payment would be $111/month.with BCBS.

Dental is another story, but when I called MWU, they said that most students just get a dental plan instead of insurance. The dental plan is through Savon Dental Plan, and it's like $80 / year. I'm fortunate enough to have dental through my company which continues long after I quit.

Whatever you do, make sure you go with a reputable health insurance company. U can also talk to an insurance broker, just be careful, lot of scammers out there.

Not taking new request.

Last edited:
FYI Midwestern classmates,

I have a brand new 2 BR 2 1/2 BA luxuary condo in a great location only 20 minutes drive from the MWU Campus.
almost 1700 square feet, Unfurnished $1400 per month, or $1800 per month fully furnished.

Ideal for two roomates or staff member. It could be rented fully furnished with everything you need aside from your personal items. Or, you can rent it unfurnished.

each room has its own bathroom, with pool, jacuzi, spa, sauna and exercise room.

You can see the details and pictures at

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p176500

Drop me an email if you are interested at [email protected]
Thx, AJ

Does anyone know if there is a need to wear professional looking clothes during the first year at CPG? Because I have some professional clothing but not a lot. I just want to come prepared.

you do have to wear professional clothing on select days, but i wouldn't worry about buying a bunch of outfits or anything... i just rotated a few outfits my first year!

Are there any current students at Midwestern-Glendale who post here?

I have a friend at another pharmacy school that is a total weedout school. So far they have lost over 10 people in one semester, so that's why I am asking.

I am going into my 3rd year and we haven't lost any classmates because they failed out.

Any movement on the waitlist for this year?? Classes are starting in a couple of weeks, has anyone been pulled off of the waitlist?

Any movement on the waitlist for this year?? Classes are starting in a couple of weeks, has anyone been pulled off of the waitlist?

I just withdrew my acceptance to mwu-cpg two days ago. Will be going to usc instead. Someone should be pulled off the waitlist.

Anyone know if the grading system here is graded or is it just pass / fail?

Grades are standard letter grades.

Any idea on when immunizations need to be done? There is little info on the online system.

Grades are standard letter grades.

Any idea on when immunizations need to be done? There is little info on the online system.

From what I've pieced together, we need to have our certificate of immunity (with exception of titers) and medical questionaire forms completed by orientation. The titer's must be completed within 2 weeks after classes start.

I'm going to have Sonoran Quest Labs draw my titers per MWU recommendation.

any one got a call recently?

Any movement of the waiting list?
Is someone just removed from the waiting list these days?:confused:

Still wanna go there:xf:

Any movement of the waiting list?
Is someone just removed from the waiting list these days?:confused:

Still wanna go there:xf:

I also got pulled off of the waitlist on Tuesday 5/26 and accepted the offer..

I just withdrew my acceptance to mwu-cpg two days ago. Will be going to usc instead. Someone should be pulled off the waitlist.

May I ask what you did about your housing? Were you planning to live in student housing...?

Is anyone in the student housing with an LCD TV with it working fine? I just bought a new TV and its saying something about having to upgrade the TV with a digital box. Is anyone getting the same message? I have gone all through the settings and dont see anything to change it and make it work.

any one have ATT and have problems getting reception in their apartment?