Program-Specific Info / Q's Midwestern IL OTD vs Pitt OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newOTDgrad2024

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I just received acceptances to both Pitt and Midwestern (IL) OTD programs and am having a hard time deciding between the two. I know they are both amazing and I just can't decide. Any information would be helpful! (I am from the Chicagoland area but have family in Pittsburgh so I'm relatively familiar with the location).

I'm interested in research, AAT, and working with the older population. I'm really hoping to make connections in the Chicagoland area no matter where I go in case I want to start my professional career in Chicago.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I just received acceptances to both Pitt and Midwestern (IL) OTD programs and am having a hard time deciding between the two. I know they are both amazing and I just can't decide. Any information would be helpful! (I am from the Chicagoland area but have family in Pittsburgh so I'm relatively familiar with the location).

I'm interested in research, AAT, and working with the older population. I'm really hoping to make connections in the Chicagoland area no matter where I go in case I want to start my professional career in Chicago.
Hi, I was recently put on the waitlist for the OTD program at Pitt. I thought I had a strong application to be accepted instead!! Do you mind sharing some of your strong suits in your app?

Hi, I was recently put on the waitlist for the OTD program at Pitt. I thought I had a strong application to be accepted instead!! Do you mind sharing some of your strong suits in your app?
Hi! I think my strong suit was most definitely my personal statement as well as my third essay for the Pitt application. I've had a really tough year aside from the whole pandemic thing and I really wanted to highlight all of the obstacles I've overcome. I also used my university's writing center to give me some good feedback on my essays. My GPA is decent but not amazing since OTCAS puts it at a 3.57. I genuinely think it was my essays and my 170+ observation/volunteer hours that did it for me. Please keep me updated with any news based on your waitlist position!! I wish you the best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user