1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Midwestern Interview Invite

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by pk62281, Aug 1, 2011.

1. pk62281

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My mailing date was on 7/18 and I submitted my suppmental on the 22nd. I have not yet received an interview invite. I know a few people have received them already, and it was within a few days to a week of their supplemental app submission.

I'm wondering if I don't receive an invite from them within the next week or so, that this probably means that I missed the pre-December interview batch. I imagine an adcom looking at my application, and then putting me in a pile designated for invites in case there are spots left after december (if they don't outright reject me).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NguyenDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I don't really know... but don't get your hopes up :) It takes some time for committees to review applications. You completed your supp on 7/22... and it's only 8/2. Give them more time :) I was in the first mailing batch, completed my supp the first day I received it, and it took them a little more than 1 week to decide on my application. But keep in mind that my app was completed as early as possible in the cycle. Now that the application process is deeper into heat of things where they receive tons of more applications, it'll probably take longer for them to review completed applications since they are probably receiving a lot more now. In the meantime, make sure you're application is complete and you have all your LORs in :)

4. denthopeful84

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Got my interview invite to MWU today, so hopefully you will hear soon!!

5. Waldo2012

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Got mine last night! Here's to one of the greatest schools in the nation!

6. masterlocke18

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Interview scheduled for October 17th! Way excited for this one.

7. A6project

A6project bold yet faithful
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Are you sure about that????

If that's true, it is pretty depressing. My dat score was sent on 7/25 (took it 7/11). I am too waiting for an interview invite. :( :( :( :(

It's one of my top choices. I guess that make it worse.... :((((((((((((((((((((((

8. pk62281

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I'm not sure if what I am saying is true. I'm wondering if there is any validity to my assumption.

One thing's for sure though. They've took an initial look at my app, and were not yet convinced that I should get an interview.

Btw my stats are 3.3oGPA, 3.2BCP, 3,35sGPA with a solid upward trend, and 23AA21TS26PAT.

I hope there are no redflags in my app. It would be nice to get an early interview invite. It'll calm my nerves a lot even if I don't particuarly want to go to that school. If I know one school wants me, I can be confident others will too.

9. A6project

A6project bold yet faithful
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yea I feel ya.

I don't have the ADEA guide with me right now so I don't remember what their average incoming freshmen GPA was but I remember their DAT average was around 18-19. With that being said, you have high DAT score so I think that your application will be pretty competitive.

I am sure both you and I will get an interview SOOON! (positive attitude, BAM!!!!!!)

10. little Buddy

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm hoping for one too

11. trixr4kids0001

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I got my interview letter today! I signed up for Mon October 31st for my interview. Anyone going that day and interested in sharing a hotel?

12. Parle G

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hey how long after you finished your supplemental that you got an interview invite?

13. trixr4kids0001

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I submitted mine this past Tuesday (8/2) and just got the invite today! It was really fast

14. MAdental

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    when was your application mailed by AADSAS?

15. trixr4kids0001

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I was in the second batch of applications (7/4)

16. MAdental

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks for replying and i hope you get in :) i asked cuz i completed mine on 7/30 ! but my application was sent out on the 29th not the 4th ! so i gota keep on waiting.

17. 2th Doc

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    You may already know this, but since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread, I just thought I would mention that you likely won't get an e-mail from them saying you have been invited. You need to log into the MWUNET area and it'll just have a notification there for you to schedule your interview if you've been invited.

18. pk62281

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey guys, I just talked to an admissions counselor and confirmed that my thinking is correct. My application is on hold, and I have not been rejected yet.

She said that I will most likely not get an interview before December. From here on out, it's either a rejection or a post December interview.

19. MAdental

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Same here. i am happy i called cuz now i know where i am standing.

20. socr1216

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    probably a dumb question, but is this regarding the AZ or IL campus?? I've seen AZ getting quite a bit of response but havent really heard in regards to the IL campus, which is the one I applied to so just want to make sure that this is regarding AZ...

Thanks!

21. MAdental

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm talking about AZ.

22. jinhomc

jinhomc You'll get what you need.
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I received their invitation by email this morning, so, I guess they do. But it's a good advice to check your status on their app webpage. It would probably be more updated.