You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am thinking about it. But I feel like I have way too many schools on my list and need to narrow it down (plus I KNOW I'm too lazy to do that many apps). It seems like a great school but I know I probably couldn't afford to go there for DO school after if I got in because it's just too expensive.
Gluck to you! 🙂
Gluck to you! 🙂
D
deleted360310
Same here -I've basically been recycling application answers/essays. Good luck to you too- it's really expensive, but I like the location and at this point, I'll take what I can get
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying as well.
I'm starting to recognize your stick-figure avatar in other post-bac threads and have a feeling we may end up in a similar program, haha.
After looking at other programs MWU is one of the few (along with LECOM, WesternU, and Touro) that seem to hit the sciences hard enough the first year to prove my abilities as quick as possible.
I was interested in PCOM's programs but with it really doesn't seem like a heavy enough load.
I'm starting to recognize your stick-figure avatar in other post-bac threads and have a feeling we may end up in a similar program, haha.
After looking at other programs MWU is one of the few (along with LECOM, WesternU, and Touro) that seem to hit the sciences hard enough the first year to prove my abilities as quick as possible.
I was interested in PCOM's programs but with it really doesn't seem like a heavy enough load.
I am thinking about it. But I feel like I have way too many schools on my list and need to narrow it down (plus I KNOW I'm too lazy to do that many apps). It seems like a great school but I know I probably couldn't afford to go there for DO school after if I got in because it's just too expensive.
Gluck to you! 🙂
I've thought the same thing, but honestly...whats another $30k after the path is finished.

Last edited:
D
deleted360310
I already sent my application a long time ago. Accepted for next August!!
Congrats!! I'm about to submit my app- was like 2 seconds away from doing it, but now I dont know whether I want to do the one year program or the 2 year program. I really want to apply for the two year program, but they have so few seats that I'm worried that there will be little to no chance that I'll get in.
It seems that there isn't as much movement on this thread as compared to other ones. Do you guys think things will pick up in the spring? I feel that a FB page should be started for those of us that are accepted, perhaps get to know each other before classes start (I know it's a long 6 months from now).
I'll be in this program next fall. Hopefully it will help get me into the DO program the next year.(I read this wrong, I'm going to DG... not glendale.) whoops.
How long did it take for them to respond to you after you submitted your application? I also applied to the Downers Grove program
How long did it take for them to respond to you after you submitted your application? I also applied to the Downers Grove program
My timeline was something like applied in October, got a phone interview before Thanksgiving (had to postpone because of work issues) and had an acceptance within a week. I really didn't expect it to move that fast, an acceptance nearly 9 months in advance. Best of luck to everyone.
How long did it take for them to respond to you after you submitted your application? I also applied to the Downers Grove program
I originally applied to the DO program and got basically an instant no, probably because of my MCAT. But, I decided to try the MA program and in doing that they said I should just wait to transfer my application to that program. That was in late December. Then I would say maybe two weeks later I got a phone call saying I was accepted. (it was early in the morning and I woke up answered the phone... I was so confused that there was no type of interview.) So, it didn't take long, maybe three weeks max.
Also, if there is anyone going to downers grove for the MABS program PM me so I can add you on facebook... I tried to create a group but I have to add someone with me. And so we don't take up space on these arizonians thread.
I submitted my application on 2/01/12 and just got a phone interview today (out of nowhere, in the middle of work actually) and my interviewer told me that I was going to be accepted after about 20 minutes on the phone. I checked the portal when I got home and it's a confirmed acceptance for fall 2012.
Anyone have any knowledge about this program? I feel like they either have a lot of spaces or it's not that well known if they just accept people like that so quickly. I was under the assumption we needed to go in for an interview as well? I'm still waiting on some of my other schools that I applied to in like December.
Anyone have any knowledge about this program? I feel like they either have a lot of spaces or it's not that well known if they just accept people like that so quickly. I was under the assumption we needed to go in for an interview as well? I'm still waiting on some of my other schools that I applied to in like December.
I submitted my application on 2/01/12 and just got a phone interview today (out of nowhere, in the middle of work actually) and my interviewer told me that I was going to be accepted after about 20 minutes on the phone. I checked the portal when I got home and it's a confirmed acceptance for fall 2012.
Anyone have any knowledge about this program? I feel like they either have a lot of spaces or it's not that well known if they just accept people like that so quickly. I was under the assumption we needed to go in for an interview as well? I'm still waiting on some of my other schools that I applied to in like December.
Oh wow, I was under the impression you must go over there to get interviewed. If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? Maybe you were just an impressive applicant 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I messaged you.Oh wow, I was under the impression you must go over there to get interviewed. If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? Maybe you were just an impressive applicant 🙂
I was accepted last year but differed a year so I'll be attending this Fall. Yes, the turnaround is quick with this program (Glendale MA Program) and they only use a phone interview. There is a lot of activity toward the end of the admission cycle for medical school with this program, as people are rejected or do not get picked up on the wait list. It's a good choice as a SMP for Midwestern bound students for the DO, Pharmacy, Dental, and PA programs. Currently I am in the Arctic Circle (Northern Alaska Wilderness) working as a chemical engineer. It's amazing money but medicine is where I belong. Good luck to all you applicants and to those who get accepted, I'll see you in the Fall. We should get a Facebook page set up.
How long did it take for them to respond to you after you submitted your application? I also applied to the Downers Grove program
Have you heard anything back yet? I seem to have no one posting in the DG thread, I guess I might not have any idea of who or how many people will be in this program with me.
I submitted my application in December, got an interview 2 weeks ago, and got a call saying I was accepted early last week! 🙂 though I've already been accepted into the MS Medical Health Science Program at Touro NV. Still waiting to hear back from a few others before making a decision! Best of luck to you all!
Hey Guys,
I completed my application around mid-February and got an interview invite in the beginning of march. My interview is coming up on the 22nd of march and was wondering if anyone has any pointers or can ease my mind a little bit on what they may ask.
I completed my application around mid-February and got an interview invite in the beginning of march. My interview is coming up on the 22nd of march and was wondering if anyone has any pointers or can ease my mind a little bit on what they may ask.
Hey guys, I don't think I've met a single person who got in/is going to the MBS (21-24 month) program at Glendale. If there isn't a facebook group out there for both MA and MS 2012-incoming students by the end of March, I'll make a group.
For those of you who have specific questions about the interview and the process, feel free to PM me. In a nutshell, I submitted my MBS application by the beginning of January. I got a call for a scheduled phone interview with Dr. Carlton Jones around February 5th. I was notified that I got in to the program via a morning phone call on 2/17. 🙂
I'm searching for all the other people who got accepted!
For those of you who have specific questions about the interview and the process, feel free to PM me. In a nutshell, I submitted my MBS application by the beginning of January. I got a call for a scheduled phone interview with Dr. Carlton Jones around February 5th. I was notified that I got in to the program via a morning phone call on 2/17. 🙂
I'm searching for all the other people who got accepted!
Hello all,
I'll be heading to Glendale for the MA program this fall. If any of you have questions about the interview feel free to ask me a question or PM me. Pretty standard questions from the interviewer. Why Midwestern, why the college you are choosing to pursue, that kind of stuff. Be able to explain your comeback story or why you tested low on the MCAT, DAT, PCAT, whatever your poison.
Good luck to you all. We should get a Facebook page for the accepted students put together.
I'll be heading to Glendale for the MA program this fall. If any of you have questions about the interview feel free to ask me a question or PM me. Pretty standard questions from the interviewer. Why Midwestern, why the college you are choosing to pursue, that kind of stuff. Be able to explain your comeback story or why you tested low on the MCAT, DAT, PCAT, whatever your poison.
Good luck to you all. We should get a Facebook page for the accepted students put together.
Hey guys, I am heading midwestern too. Just payed my deposit $750😱
For phone interview, it is really standard questions. My interviewer said adcom just want to check if you are not a crazy guy. I am normal so I got accepted next day😀
Congrats!!! When did u do your phone interview? I did mine this past tuesday but I am still waiting
Hi everyone I just opened this account today-paid my deposit yesterday and am officially in the program!! I am from California and have never been to Arizona nor do I know anyone that lives in Arizona therefore am on the search for a female roommate! If anyone is interested, please message me! Thank you and congrats to everyone who's been admitted-look forward to meeting everyone!!
My acceptance came ~2 weeks after phone interview! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how full the program is? I'm graduating with a BS in Biology in a few weeks and will be applying to AZCOM and other DO schools in June. I have a strong MCAT but a weak 3.1ish science GPA. I wasn't going to apply for an SMP but my grades my last semester haven't been the best. I love arizona and AZCOM, so I was think the MA might be a good opportunity. Is this a good idea, or not so much?
Last edited:
The SMP is pretty expensive. What is your MCAT score? It would be a good indication to see if you could handle medical school and a great chance to audition for the Adcom. If you don't mind paying 32k for tuition then go for it, but you'd better get your app in ASAP.
a strong mcat and a 3.1 might not be so bad for DO school granted you have extra-curricular activities, clinical experience, and maybe some research. If you are applying to AZCOM or even an MA program in a few weeks then im assuming that you are not planning on attending until next year? If thats the case then I would apply to both the MA programs and med schools. With a strong mcat and a 3.1 im sure you will get into an MA program at least. If you are graduating and have a year off make something off it such as volunteering at a hospital, doing research, etc.
D
deleted360310
Hey guys! How soon after you submitted your application did you all hear back? My application was officially complete around the middle of March but I still haven't heard back yet.
Hey guys! How soon after you submitted your application did you all hear back? My application was officially complete around the middle of March but I still haven't heard back yet.
I think i heard back about scheduling an interview about 3 weeks after my application was deemed complete. Good Luck!
Hey guys! How soon after you submitted your application did you all hear back? My application was officially complete around the middle of March but I still haven't heard back yet.
It took about 2-3 weeks for me to hear back but they never scheduled an interview with me, they literally just called me in the middle of the day and asked if I had 10-15 minutes to talk. So I guess you can start preparing for the interview now to be safe.
I completed my application towards the end of january, got an interview in the beginning of march, and got accepted about 2 weeks after. It will probably take at least a month before you hear about an interview. It also depends on how many applications they received. Since it is rolling admissions and its towards the end of the application cycle it might take a little longer to hear back.
D
deleted360310
Thanks for the info, guys! I was starting to worry that it was a silent rejection lol
Is this where we send our application (LORs, DAT scores, and official transcript) for MA in Biomedical Science to? 😳
Midwestern University
Office of Admissions
19555 N. 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
Does anyone know if we can mail in our LORs, DAT scores, and official transcript before we submit the online app?
Thanks!
Midwestern University
Office of Admissions
19555 N. 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
Does anyone know if we can mail in our LORs, DAT scores, and official transcript before we submit the online app?
Thanks!
Is this where we send our application (LORs, DAT scores, and official transcript) for MA in Biomedical Science to? 😳
Midwestern University
Office of Admissions
19555 N. 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
Does anyone know if we can mail in our LORs, DAT scores, and official transcript before we submit the online app?
Thanks!
yup thats the address. Be sure to include your file ID# as well. I submitted my app online first before i sent in my lors, scores and transcript. Best to call the admissions office to see if you can send your stuff in first before the online app
Hey RK0190
It's pretty chill. The standard questions about why do you want to do the program. What are your goals and whatnot. Just relax and be personable. It is pretty informal. Good luck and keep us posted. Nice thing is that you find out pretty quick if you get accepted or not.
Laters
It's pretty chill. The standard questions about why do you want to do the program. What are your goals and whatnot. Just relax and be personable. It is pretty informal. Good luck and keep us posted. Nice thing is that you find out pretty quick if you get accepted or not.
Laters
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted into the program on Friday as well! I have until May 11th to decide, although i'm pretty sure I will be paying that here in the next couple of days.
Congrats!! 😀 Have you looked at housing information yet? I'm still trying to find more information about that! 🙂
They give you housing options on nearby areas if you go to the housing page
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 732
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 803
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 624