Midwestern National Boards

Started by Nat426
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Confirmed.

Other schools I know of that take NBDE 1 after first year: UOP, ASDOH, USN, possibly MWU-IL as well.
 
Confirmed.

Other schools I know of that take NBDE 1 after first year: UOP, ASDOH, USN, possibly MWU-IL as well.

To clarify:
MWU-AZ...Yes
UOP...optional to take in after first year
ASDOH...Yes
USN...their curriculum is not released yet
MWU-IL...optional, however basic science classes will not be done until halfway through 2nd year and they do not get 1st summer off
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Students there say its better because you don't have to try to remember stuff from classes you took 2 years ago. Everything is fresh.
 
Yes, we take ours the summer after our first year. Yes, most of the knowledge is still relatively fresh. It was easier to remember info. for the NBDE-1 than for the DAT. GC and QR were especially tough for me on the DAT, but thank goodness that's all behind me!
 
To clarify:
MWU-AZ...Yes
UOP...optional to take in after first year
ASDOH...Yes
USN...their curriculum is not released yet
MWU-IL...optional, however basic science classes will not be done until halfway through 2nd year and they do not get 1st summer off

I called USN and asked them when I was taking care of some other stuff. They said their plan was for their students to take the boards after first year.
 
Yep, summer after the first year. It makes the first year pretty intense because there is basic science, dental science/anatomy/occlusion/etc, all the waxing, and now they are cramming in some operative projects to reflect what will be on the board. But how great is it to not have it hanging over your head the second year?
 
and go Chargers! hahaha

Oracle, I had no idea you were a Chargers fan! All I've met at school are Steelers fans (and Cardinals fans of course). I just wish that I could watch their games... three more seasons, and I'll have the time again!