Program-Specific Info / Q's Midwestern Question (IL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peachessccc3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I sent in my Midwestern application back on August 17th, and I still have not heard back from them. Another person who I talked to applied on August 20th, and already is getting an interview scheduled. Midwestern said that they will email people no matter what the decision is, but I am wondering why they have not emailed me yet saying if I am invited for an interview yet. Has anyone else had any problems with it?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email early Sept saying they received my application materials, but haven't heard anything since.. Also getting a bit worried because when searching through previous threads, it seems the turnaround is normally faster. One person who posted from last year's cycle said she sent in her stuff in September, and hadn't heard anything by April.. When she contacted the Midwestern IL office they said that they were still reviewing her application??

I submitted September 1st, so hoping to hear soon. Let me know if you guys hear anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email early Sept saying they received my application materials, but haven't heard anything since.. Also getting a bit worried because when searching through previous threads, it seems the turnaround is normally faster. One person who posted from last year's cycle said she sent in her stuff in September, and hadn't heard anything by April.. When she contacted the Midwestern IL office they said that they were still reviewing her application??
I got the same email in early september. there are people from my college who were already asked to come interview. I emailed them and they said they are still reviewing my application.

I got the same email in early september. there are people from my college who were already asked to come interview. I emailed them and they said they are still reviewing my application.
Did you receive an email asking you to set up a portal account?

Yes, I set up my portal account when they sent me an email saying they received my application.

I submitted my application on October 13th and just got an invitation to interview in December via email this morning!

I submitted my application on October 13th and just got an invitation to interview in December via email this morning!
if you do not mind me asking, what were your statistics like?

Major: Human Development
Minor: Medicine and Society
Overall GPA: 3.83 (OTCAS Verified)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.91 (also varies depending on the school but usually between 3.8-3.9 ish)
GRE: 149 (Verbal), 145 (Quantitative), 5 (Analytical Writing) - I'm definitely not the best test taker

Extra-Curric: Student Outreach Committee Member/Co-Director of Programming/Mentor of Programming for an organization called The Big Event (we have the 2nd largest in the nation), Gamma Phi Beta sorority sister serving as an academic proctor for study hours and mentor to two sisters, former city-wide Leadership Workshop staff member for my hometown serving as a staff member for two years creating/facilitating large group activities for 200+ students, teaching sessions on S.M.A.R.T. goals, and serving as a counselor to middle and high school students

Volunteer:
-Outcomes Survey Undergraduate Research Student for Adult Day Services (144 hours)
-Field Study Student at Adult Day Services (144 hours)
-Former Rehabilitation Program Assistant for a CCRC (198 hours)
-Former Field Study Student at a local community hospital (110 hours - 10 peds, 50 inpatient, 50 outpatient)
-Skilled Nursing Student Observer (43 hours)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I applied mid-October and still have not heard anything. I know someone who applied late November and had an interview in a couple weeks. Curious if anyone else has not heard anything yet.

I applied at the end of August, but never heard anything back from them besides a notification that they received my application.

I applied in October and still have not heard anything back. I heard from a past professor that was on the admissions board that they are taking their sweet time with this years applicants and interviews.

Same here. Called, and sent an email but no updates whatsoever. Still under review...