Midwestern SMP, who's been accepted into dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impeterle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have already been a lot of threads regarding the biomedical sciences SMP at Midwestern. However, I called Midwestern today and they notified me that there are no guaranteed seats in their dental school regardless of your performance. The only guarantee was that you would receive an interview if you earned a 3.75 in their SMP. I am considering the MA in biomedical sciences there. Has anyone here been able to gain admission into Dental school coming from their program? Thanks, and I apologize for the redundancy of this topic.

Members don't see this ad.

I know there have already been a lot of threads regarding the biomedical sciences SMP at Midwestern. However, I called Midwestern today and they notified me that there are no guaranteed seats in their dental school regardless of your performance. The only guarantee was that you would receive an interview if you earned a 3.75 in their SMP. I am considering the MA in biomedical sciences there. Has anyone here been able to gain admission into Dental school coming from their program? Thanks, and I apologize for the redundancy of this topic.

bump :thumbup:

I would like to know as well. The guaranteed interview only applies after completing 2 quarters of the SMP with 3.0 or better, among other requirements. However, Midwestern's dental school have showed no love for students from this program (unlike AZCOM). It was recommended to apply after finishing the program. I know many students in the program this year who had 3.8+ in the first quarter, and were rejected without an interview. Many of them have got interviews and were accepted else where. So...no one knows what the Midwestern dental school wants...their admissions policy is very secretive.

Last edited:
I am a student in MA program here at Midwestern. I am pre-dental as well, however I am not applying to dental school this cycle (waiting until I receive my MA). I know a few classmates that have already be accepted into dental and med school here at MWU and other institutions. At the same time, I know of other classmates that have been rejected or just had an interview. Since is the 2nd MA class, there is no real stats as of yet to determine the better chances of gaining admissions. The only guarantee that this program gives you is 1. the upper hand in an application pool, everyone won't have a masters, and 2. if you gain admissions, your first year should be less stressful because you would have taken the majority of the classes already. Hope that was helpful...