Midwestern University provides healthcare for Olympians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laboholic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The following is an email from the president of Midwestern University (CCOM, AZCOM)

Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,

Midwestern University has entered into a letter of understanding with the City of Glendale and USA Basketball to be the health care provider for the new Basketball Olympic Training facility to be built approximately five miles from our Glendale campus. At the Glendale Sports Complex, which includes an arena for the Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Team, and the National Football Team, the Arizona Cardinals, a new training complex will be built that will include a full service, multi-disciplinary clinic owned and operated by Midwestern University.

This new clinic will provide health care education and full clinic services to the many young athletes who train at the Olympic facility. In addition, health care services including Osteopathic Medicine, Podiatry, Optometry, Pharmacy, Clinical Psychology, Physical and Occupational Therapy and Dentistry will be available to the local community. We anticipate that the clinic facilities will be staffed with our own faculty. We hope to provide student rotations for those interested in sports related medicine in the future.

This is an important and exciting new opportunity for all of us. Tomorrow I will attend a press conference to announce this new partnership. I will keep all of you informed of the progress of our strategic plans and the new clinic timetable in an upcoming Town Hall meeting.

Until then…thank you for your continued support.

Members don't see this ad.

Good Stuff:thumbup:

I'll bet a dollar that this will lead to some sport medicine fellowships.

Wow thats great for Midwestern and for the Osteopathic world. Thanks for the update.

That's great. :thumbup: I look forward to having the chance to rotate through there.