Research Participants Needed - LGBTQIA+ Healthcare Education Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charrison011

Reaction score
Good afternoon SDN. My name is Cody Harrison, and I am the Director of Academic Support at DCOM-Knoxville. I am also a doctoral student at Wilmington University in New Castle, DE. For my dissertation research, I am looking at the importance of LGBTQIA+ healthcare education in pre-clinical curricula at DO schools.

Current estimates indicate 5.6% of American adults identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender (Jones, 2021), yet 30% of this population will not seek healthcare due to mistrust of healthcare providers (Quinn et al., 2015). There is also a shortage of healthcare professionals with a working knowledge of LGBTQIA+ health concerns (Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, 2010; Quinn et al., 2015; Park & Katz, 2018).

I have built an online set of modules targeted toward OMS-IIs, -IIIs, and -IVs on inclusive communication, health disparities, specific LGBTQIA+ healthcare needs for adults and youth, experiences of LGBTQIA+ patients, and additional resources. Participation in this research will take around 3 to 4 hours of your time.

I'm seeking students who would like to contribute to making DO schools more inclusive and places that educate future physicians on an important piece of the patient population.

If you're interested, you can find more information and the consent document here: https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_54hnzuDF4ejf8HA

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! IRB approval is attached as well.

Cody Harrison
DCOM-Knoxville

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Harrison - IRB Approval Signatures.pdf
    413.5 KB · Views: 36