Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuackDentist

I'm your ugly duckling.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of those pre-dents applying to Midwestern, I have a question.

Have you guys all taken microbiology and anatomy lab? I just graduated from college and I did not take those courses. But, I do have everything else. And, unfortunately, the community colleges nearby do not offer those courses.

Please let me know what you are doing about those courses. Thankies.

--Quacky

Members don't see this ad.

For all of those pre-dents applying to Midwestern, I have a question.

Have you guys all taken microbiology and anatomy lab? I just graduated from college and I did not take those courses. But, I do have everything else. And, unfortunately, the community colleges nearby do not offer those courses.

Please let me know what you are doing about those courses. Thankies.

--Quacky

seems like midwestern's setting quite the high bar as far as prereqs go. i would think you don't really have to go out of your way to get those courses in right away. as long as you have all your prereqs completed by the spring term of next year.

the only reasons i can think of why someone would have to get those courses in this year would be 1) if you had a low sci gpa and want new grades from micro and anatomy to submit to aadsas during the academic update window, or 2) if you call midwestern and find out from their admissions that they feel it is important or required to see your performance in those courses in order to evaluate you as an applicant.

in general tho, most schools are fine with seeing your performance in the basic prereqs (gchem, ochem, bio, physics) to evaluate your performance, aren't they? the only way to be sure with midwestern would be to call them.